Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have already pointed out in the other thread why they glued the nocks in, to make people happy.
It is right on their own website under "Arrows":
QUOTE:
NOTE: Based on consumer feedback, all non-lighted polymer Alpha-Nocks are glued into the EVO-X CenterPunch Premium Carbon Crossbow Arrows (Part# HEA-740.6). If you wish to shoot the lighted version of the CenterPunch arrow, please purchase the EVO-X CenterPunch Alpha-Brite Carbon Arrows (Part# HEA-748.3) or click HERE.
For more information about TenPoint’s Alpha-Nock, please click HERE.

END QUOTE:
Source: EVO-X CenterPunch Carbon Arrows | Most Accurate Crossbow Arrows

Again, damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Let me ask, which TenPoint xbow and arrows are you presently shooting and how many shots per week?
How many nocks have you had fall out in total?
I have had 1 or 2 out of 600 fall out in the past 10 months.
Quite happy with that, all day long.
My 0.02.
Thanks.
[/QUOTE
It’s not just nocks falling out, they are a pita to change, and there is no need for the receiver. Like I said, for safety, and accuracy, keeping fresh nocks is a great idea. I just don’t want to have to use power tools to change them. If no nocks ever fell out, I still don’t like the design for this very reason. If you enjoy them, that’s great! I prefer nocks that can be easily changed.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,133 Posts
If they establish a requirement to use their proprietary nock but only make them available in a two piece design and one size, that just seems monopolistic and half ass for a company such as Tenpoint.
Mojo,
we make 3 nock sizes that fit about 85% of the crossbow arrows out there. .297, .300 and .305. Those fit most Easton, Beman, Goldtip and Victory arrows. So you have a lot of arrow options if you don’t like what we have to offer. Very definitely not monopolistic, nor half assed.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
422 Posts
Not saying the arrows aren’t good quality, but the nocks bite. When you need power tools to remove them, it’s a poor design. They can do much better. The insert is not needed and serves no purpose other than to cause headaches.
By insert you are meaning the “receiver” right?

·
Registered
422 Posts
So far I have not had one nock (lighted nock version) come out of the receiver while shooting either my spyderweb ST18 XL or the Yellowjacket YJ 450. I don’t mind the non lighted nocks being glued in. I’m sure tenpoint will come out with a one piece alpha nock. The nocks are cheap enough I will have plenty extra in case one does come out. To me it’s a non issue. I don’t always use lighted nocks when hunting. I actually enjoy searching for my arrow after putting a big buck down. What would you have done before lighted nocks were available for purchase? Proper bow maintenance will avoid problems most of the time. And a quality target for your arrows.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Yes, the receiver is the insert.

So far I have not had one nock (lighted nock version) come out of the receiver while shooting either my spyderweb ST18 XL or the Yellowjacket YJ 450. I don’t mind the non lighted nocks being glued in. I’m sure tenpoint will come out with a one piece alpha nock. The nocks are cheap enough I will have plenty extra in case one does come out. To me it’s a non issue. I don’t always use lighted nocks when hunting. I actually enjoy searching for my arrow after putting a big buck down. What would you have done before lighted nocks were available for purchase? Proper bow maintenance will avoid problems most of the time. And a quality target for your arrows.
IMO, having been a Manufacturer of Consumer goods myself:
In order for a Company to improve their product, they should receive as much info from their Customers as possible without having to "pull teeth", so to speak.
In this case, info such as this would be most helpful:
  • which xbow are you using
  • which inserts/nocks, which arrows, which tips
  • what are your targets
  • how often do you shoot at the targets
  • how often are the nocks falling out
  • what did the arrow hit when the nock fell out
  • how often do you change inserts and why
  • etc, etc, etc
To make general, sweeping statements such as "TenPoint nocks suck" and "Tenpoint needs a one piece nock because I cannot change inserts" don't help anyone and probably get ignored.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yep, was at work when I typed, kinda focused elsewhere👍
I fully understand that if you are the type shooter that buys arrows and never changes the nocks you may be fine with them. I like to change nocks, especially when arrow #5 starts shooting a little off, sometimes it will bring it right back in. It’s not user friendly to change the receiver when it’s glued in from the factory. If you build them yourself there are ways around it. Also, there are some good one piece quality nocks availability on the market if you don’t mind the warranty issue.
I have been building arrows since the 80s, this nock design is my least favorite I have used in all those years.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I fully understand that if you are the type shooter that buys arrows and never changes the nocks you may be fine with them. I like to change nocks, especially when arrow #5 starts shooting a little off, sometimes it will bring it right back in. It’s not user friendly to change the receiver when it’s glued in from the factory. If you build them yourself there are ways around it. Also, there are some good one piece quality nocks availability on the market if you don’t mind the warranty issue.
I have been building arrows since the 80s, this nock design is my least favorite I have used in all those years.
Yea I can understand that.👍

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maybe a one piece Alpha nock glued in with the Bohning Ferr L Tite cool flex glue? Then they would be removable. But I will say the nocks that come in the packs with the light sticks and different colored receivers seem to snap in tighter than say the white nocks. I’ve got the red nocks with the yellow receivers in my CenterPunch arrows, shooting them with my Siege with the hot limbs and have not had one come out, even when sighting in at 10 yards. Had to change out the rangemaster pro scope because it’s shooting so fast. Hopefully Friday or Saturday I can give the white nocks a good run and see how they do. Between work and the Kansas wind I haven’t gotten much shooting in. I’ll be shooting CenterPunch arrows using the white nocks and yellow receivers.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Yes, we understand your points but still, you avoid the simplest questions.
Do you even own a TenPoint xbow and arrows?
SMH in disbelief.

·
Registered
736 Posts
SMH in disbelief.
[/QUOTE
Disbelief in what? Have you ever changed an alpha nock receiver? I do currently own a ten point crossbow, however that has nothing to do with the design of an alpha nock. How many alpha nock receivers have you changed?

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Disbelief in what? Have you ever changed an alpha nock receiver? I do currently own a ten point crossbow, however that has nothing to do with the design of an alpha nock. How many alpha nock receivers have you changed?
1. never mind, I give up trying to explain
2. I have not changed any because out of four dozen arrows, I have not had to change any. I had to re-insert a nock into a receiver once or twice in a year. It damned near killed me I tell ya. I am suing TenPoint now! LOL, JK.
Good luck, Chop1.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
SMH in disbelief.
So basically you shake your head in disbelief because someone disagrees with your opinion. At least that's how it's coming across to me.

Have you ever climbed into your deer stand after walking through the brush to find half the arrows in your quiver are missing nocks? Perhaps when that happens to you the head shaking will get a bit more aggressive. I don't have a problem with alpha nocks on the target range, it's in the field where they let me down.

And yes despite the nock issue I still consider myself a loyal tenpoint customer, but that doesn't mean they couldn't improve their products.

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
So basically you shake your head in disbelief because someone disagrees with your opinion. At least that's how it's coming across to me.
Have you ever climbed into your deer stand after walking through the brush to find half the arrows in your quiver are missing nocks? Perhaps when that happens to you the head shaking will get a bit more aggressive. I don't have a problem with alpha nocks on the target range, it's in the field where they let me down.
And yes despite the nock issue I still consider myself a loyal tenpoint customer, but that doesn't mean they couldn't improve their products.
OMG...
No, I shake my head in disbelief that people do not provide much information but use general statements, such as I described a few times in this thread and I think I summed it up very well in this particular post:
Again, if you want help, don't generalize, be specific.

As for your comment:
"Have you ever climbed into your deer stand after walking through the brush to find half the arrows in your quiver are missing nocks? ".
I'm sorry as I cannot read your mind, but how many arrows are you carrying?

If it is two and half fell out, then you better make that last one count, right?
If you are carrying six and three fall out well no need to panic, right?

And, you never had any inkling whatsoever, prior to going into the woods, that your nocks may fall out?
Seriously?
SMH in disbelief again.

OK, baseball is on.
Have a good one, jac63.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It doesn't matter how many arrows you are carrying, the point is none of them should fall out. Guess we'll just have to shake our heads in disbelief at each other. 😂😂

·
TenPoint Siege, TenPoint Eclipse
417 Posts
I lost two Alpha nocks last fall walking thru or across corn rows going to or coming from the deer woods.
No big deal because I have six in a baggie stored in my backpack. There are ways to cope if you ever have to and you'll never notice the "extra" weight. (y)

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mojo,
we make 3 nock sizes that fit about 85% of the crossbow arrows out there. .297, .300 and .305. Those fit most Easton, Beman, Goldtip and Victory arrows. So you have a lot of arrow options if you don’t like what we have to offer. Very definitely not monopolistic, nor half assed.
Any particular reason you excluded .285 and .272 id sizes and a one piece design from your offering?

So if i want to shoot my favorite flavor of Carbon Express or Gold Tip Nitro Pros out of my Tenpoint Nitro XRT, i have Tenpoints blessing to use whatever nock fits those bolts without compromising the 5 year warranty on the Nitro limbs?

Awesome, thanks bud!

·
Registered
319 Posts
It’s amazing that people cannot voice concerns without them being labeled complaining. Between that though I did like the “describe the complete situation “ approach.

I personally would say at least 10% of the time my alpha nocks fall out.

I shoot a nitro xrt.

I shot a deer this year with this same bow with a lighted alpha nock and black eagle executioner. I recovered the light and nothing else. I am not complaining about losing the arrow or broadhead but that is 1 of the reasons I would like to use a lighted nock. The main reason I use a lighted nock is so I can see the arrow flight and impact location on the animal.

I’ve had the non lighted nocks fall out upon impact into my rinehart 18-1 block target.

My previous xbow that I still own n shoot is a strike zone 350 that uses moon nocks. I have several different manufacturers moon nocks lighted n non lighted and I’d say I’ve lost a couple out of a 1000 shots.

The alpha nock is truly nothing more then a moon nock and there is zero reason they cannot or should not make a one piece press to fit alpha nock. The lighted version might take some more r n d to be more reliable but the non lighted version should be one piece and tight fitting like all my moon nocks.

A funny thing I read here was how a guy didn’t like the alphas and didn’t like glued in nocks so he decided to make his own nocks and his first customer received his order with the new custom nocks and they were glued in.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,133 Posts
Any particular reason you excluded .285 and .272 id sizes and a one piece design from your offering?

So if i want to shoot my favorite flavor of Carbon Express or Gold Tip Nitro Pros out of my Tenpoint Nitro XRT, i have Tenpoints blessing to use whatever nock fits those bolts without compromising the 5 year warranty on the Nitro limbs?

Awesome, thanks bud!
Question 1.
The system does not have room for the smaller IDs.

Question 2.
No. You have to shoot the Alpha nock on all current bows, including the XRT.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts