Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
... I did like the “describe the complete situation “ approach.
I personally would say at least 10% of the time my alpha nocks fall out. I shoot a nitro xrt.
I shot a deer this year with this same bow with a lighted alpha nock and black eagle executioner. I recovered the light and nothing else. I am not complaining about losing the arrow or broadhead but that is 1 of the reasons I would like to use a lighted nock. The main reason I use a lighted nock is so I can see the arrow flight and impact location on the animal.
I’ve had the non lighted nocks fall out upon impact into my rinehart 18-1 block target....
A funny thing I read here was how a guy didn’t like the alphas and didn’t like glued in nocks so he decided to make his own nocks and his first customer received his order with the new custom nocks and they were glued in.
There we go.
IMO, a good start.
That is the kind of feedback that helps.
IMO, again, a Company is more likely to listen and react to concerns when as much detail as possible is given without them having to pull teeth to get it.

So, I have had one or two aluminum nocks, say two, out of 600 shots fall out shooting 0.297" I.D. 20" EVO-X CenterPunch arrows.
That is 0.33%.
Have not had any plastic green or white nocks, same size, same arrow builds fall out.

You have 10% fall out but do not list arrow, nock, I.D., how many total shots, etc but better than nothing.

If more people provided detailed info, it would help to identify if it was an across the board issue, a particular batch, particular size, etc, etc.

As I stated, I do not work for TenPoint but have been dealing with Customers most of my career and in all honesty, would not do it any longer.
Just do not have the patience any more.

Kinda like seeing threads titled "Please Help!!!' , posted in the wrong forum category to boot.
Not very conducive to building a good, searchable forum database.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
That not an alpha nock and voids your warranty and the nocks are glued in.
Not true regarding plastic Versa-Nocks glued in. All aluminum nocks are glued in, and should be. Plastic's are optional, glue or not to glue that is the option.
Aluminum nocks do not have the retention spines as does the the plastic version and require glued in.

Regarding safety factor, the Versa-Nock allows an arrow to be inserted 120 degrees off by the user, either hen vane down rather the cock, and the geometry of the nock will torque the arrow radially and align the nock on discharge. Will the arrow flight be erratic due to the error of the arrow insertion? Yes, however it should not dry fire the bow.

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I believe the Versanocks are currently limited to .300 id.

If FD makes Versanocks available in .297 id, he could eat Tenpoints lunch.

I hope he does.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not true regarding plastic Versa-Nocks glued in. All aluminum nocks are glued in, and should be. Plastic's are optional, glue or not to glue that is the option.
Aluminum nocks do not have the retention spines as does the the plastic version and require glued in.

Regarding safety factor, the Versa-Nock allows an arrow to be inserted 120 degrees off by the user, either hen vane down rather the cock, and the geometry of the nock will torque the arrow radially and align the nock on discharge. Will the arrow flight be erratic due to the error of the arrow insertion? Yes, however it should not dry fire the bow.
Ok. I was unaware there is now plastic versa nocks available. Can you post a link to these, if they are available separate from an arrow purchase?

That is the same claim as the alpha nock?

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ok. I was unaware there is now plastic versa nocks available. Can you post a link to these, if they are available separate from an arrow purchase?

That is the same claim as the alpha nock?
What he 👆 said regarding Versanock availability, with or without an arrow purchase. Hell, i'd be open to ordering a half dozen of those ASAP 550gr+ heavy hitter bolts if i could also include an order for a dozen polymer Versanocks.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
ONLY NOCK I WILL USE!!!!. $1.25 is more than a fair price. I got my order in. The injection mold is an ASAP exclusive and is ballistic grade build. The nock exceeds any Xbow requirements shot at any speed. Now, I'm no 450fps shooter but wouldn't hesitate one second vs any nock that has an apex design or is a two piece nock.

Like to add this other thought. Companies the state narrow limb Xbows require their nock I will not drink that Kool-aide. Narrow limb crossbows trigger latch assembly is much wider than the nock itself. So I will not buy into the OEM play with nocks or arrows.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
493 Posts
I’ve never met a bigger TenPoint fanboy or supporter than myself. I love their crossbows and currently own two models. Had a buddy who bought a titan back in 2000 and hunted with it for 17 or 18 years very successfully. Having said that it is my OPINION that their nock design, especially the lighted nock design, is their weakest point. I stopped using lighted alpha nocks due to then getting turned on EVERY trip to my stand. Maddening! However, as I stated in another thread I believe they are trying their best to make an arrow / nock system for the average shooter. You know the 90% of crossbow users who shoot 5 arrows a year and can’t index a simple alpha nock correctly so they now glue them? Tough to balance making products for guys like us and the guy who just wants to shoot enough to kill something.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got my order in. Oh hell yea! :cool:
I’ve pm’ed on here and told “I’ll get em out tomorrow “

I’ve went to the website and followed the instructions.
I sure hope this guy is alright as I don’t understand why someone would say they’ll get em out the next day and then nothing It’s been a month.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
I’ve pm’ed on here and told “I’ll get em out tomorrow “

I’ve went to the website and followed the instructions.
I sure hope this guy is alright as I don’t understand why someone would say they’ll get em out the next day and then nothing It’s been a month.
Call him and ask.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
If ten point wants to play this nock card and wants to use a freakin’ nock as a warranty scare tactics I’ll never buy another Ten Point. Ever!!!!!!! Your freaking alpha nocks are a horrible design. There are multiple nocks out there that are better. I had a partial fry fire with my RDX 400 because your two piece crappy alpha nock. Gluing is your fix? You still have an apex center on the nock surface. Not optimum vs my Versa nock. To each their own.

I’m not drinking that kool-aide. Nice Xbow. Also, I’m not worried one bit using a Versa nock causing string damage. Seems you should be considering Versa nocks but decision maker egos seems at play. To each their own.

Reactions: Perry24
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
If the nock used is determined to be the cause of a warranty claim and said nock is not an Alpha nock, then yes i can see denying the claim but not voiding the entire warranty.

If the warranty claim is not related to nock failure, then i do not see how Tenpoint can legally invalidate the warranty claim or the entire 5 year warranty.

Is intimidation part of Tenpoints Marketing Policy? If so, i will be looking to a different manufacturer when i'm ready for a new bow. Sounds like i will be in good company.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,133 Posts
Rising,

There was no intimidation. A poster suggested if something other than the Alpha no was used it would void the warranty. I just verified that. Everybody is a grown up here and can make their own choices. I can step away from the forum and not give factory support like all the other crossbow companies do, if that is what everybody wants.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts