Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Rising,

There was no intimidation. A poster suggested if something other than the Alpha no was used it would void the warranty. I just verified that. Everybody is a grown up here and can make their own choices. I can step away from the forum and not give factory support like all the other crossbow companies do, if that is what everybody wants.
I wasn't suggesting your response was intimidating.

I find the The Tenpoint Policy itself involving the Alpha Nock usage to be intimidating.

Not looking to shoot the messenger.

·
Happy Member
5,841 Posts
All crossbow manufacturer will void the warranty if you have a problem related to not using their recommended nocks! Read the site's warranty information on any crossbow. YES ANY crossbow! They are all the same. I'm sure customer service for any manufacturer has heard all the excuses.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Rising,

There was no intimidation. A poster suggested if something other than the Alpha no was used it would void the warranty. I just verified that. Everybody is a grown up here and can make their own choices. I can step away from the forum and not give factory support like all the other crossbow companies do, if that is what everybody wants.
I'm a customer and in general like the crossbow. I think Ten Point has a faulty alpha nock in my opinion. Here is the 64k question. Why is Ten Point gluing the nocks together now? If you want a lighted nock they go backwards toward a two piece nock. To me that runs the risk for nock separation so you are back to square one versus a one piece nock. I don't understand the logic.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,133 Posts
Tom,
by gluing the non lighted nocks in, we minimize the ability for the consumer to insert the nock incorrectly into the receiver. The lighted version has to be separated for the easy on off and battery/light replacement so they can’t be glued in obviously.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Mojo,
we make 3 nock sizes that fit about 85% of the crossbow arrows out there. .297, .300 and .305. Those fit most Easton, Beman, Goldtip and Victory arrows. So you have a lot of arrow options if you don’t like what we have to offer. Very definitely not monopolistic, nor half assed.
Yes. I sold some GT Nitro 500 because the ID was too small for Alpha inserts.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The original Omni Nock was a great innovation. The ability to load an arrow in any orientation without a flat nock. It had some problems but was worked out in the 2.0 version. I still use it in my Carbon Nitro. If they can design one to work in the new ultra narrow bows it would be terrific!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have only been shooting my new Seige for a couple of months and haven't had any Alpha nock issues yet. But what I have noticed is my buddy fighting to get his Ravin capture nocks to snap in. Every load he's fighting it. So with my limited experience and exposure, I'm glad for the Alpha nock. No loading pliers needed....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Ravin and a bushing and a nock. Their nocks press into the metal bushing. The “ears” on the TP receiver is where some of the confusion comes into play. I like TP but don’t love their nock system. They can use a change

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
422 Posts
Rising,

No, I would rather you stay on the forum, that was another factor in my decision to buying the siege. I think most of us like the interaction. It is a peace of mind.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
No, I would rather you stay on the forum, that was another factor in my decision to buying the siege. I think most of us like the interaction. It is a peace of mind.
2X this.....

I've been a TenPoint fan for many years. Everything considered, they are THE leader in xbow technology and service.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am no fan of the two piece alpha nock but I bought 2 bows that require their use. The positives that tenpoint brings to the table far outweighs the alpha nock requirement. Awesome CS tops the list of reasons I spent my $$$ on tenpoint. With that said I would still like to see a one piece friction fit alpha nock that is covered by warranty available.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts