Crossbow Nation banner

101 - 121 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have watched my wife miss more deer last year, due to the Alpha nocks than I have ever seen her miss deer, period.
Saw her blow a nock yesterday and now her bow is all jammed up and headed to the shop to get fixed.
I have NEVER seen a worse nock ever. Not since Arizona Archery had that dye issue back 20+ years ago.

Last I heard, she was selling her 10 points and heading back to Excalibur. All because of having to fool with this ridiculous nock for the last year. I think she was crying after yesterdays disaster. Number of problems over the last year? I have no idea. A LOT. She is so frazzled over this never ending drama.

She bought 6K worth of 10 points in the last year, attempting to correct the problem with the arrow by switching bows. I think she is going to take a 2K bath after all is said and done. I am fairly confident she will never buy another 10 point.

She has been a crossbow hunter for over 20 years and a particular tech head so I know it isnt her. It's the nock.

Very disappointing.
Is your wife doegirl?

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
611 Posts
Either you drill them out carefully or you're done. You are correct, they stink! These nocks cause problems with the bows and TP blames everything on the consumer. As you can see the TP rep is doing his/her best to ignore this thread. My first and last Ten Point/Wicked Ridge.
Just an FYI, I buried a 16” centerpunch arrow in my yellow jacket yj450 target, completely. I took my long needle nose pliers and started fishing. I got it out but chewed up the alpha nock in the process. I turned my tap water to hot, out the nock under the hot running water for probably 20 seconds, and it pulled right out easily.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
648 Posts
Maybe Mission or Scorpyd will come out with the perfect crossbow and nock. They have each had 3 years of R&D to do it. Nobody’s posted in the mission forum for like 2 weeks, it could always be worse. We could be double barrel Excalibur Justin Trudeau crossbow owners.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,194 Posts
Where are you with the rest of this discussion? And quit blaming the consumer for everything.
Dan,
I am here and have been. I’m not blaming the consumer on everything. You mentioned we were no help. My email is [email protected]. Shoot me your Info and the issue and I will see what I can do.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,194 Posts
I have little love for these fragile little crappy alphanocks. This happened just today. New nock. Good the the antidryfire mechanism worked just fine on my Viper.
View attachment 199504
Doe,
sorry you had an issue with the nock. I’m puzzled by this for a couple reasons.
1. The nock does really not interact with the wing that high up and the break seems odd.
2. If the arrow was loaded back against the string, the DFI would have been up and out of the way and would not have caught the arrow, broken nock or not.
I‘m wondering if you had the arrow pushed up against the DFI or maybe where the DFI was up just slightly. Then when you shot, the string hit the DFI, and the DFI would catch the string but hammer downward and potentially break the wing off from the outside in. Please shoot me an email at [email protected].

·
Registered
222 Posts
The arrow with the broken nock receiver wasn't sent back with my Siege. I suspect they couldn't remove the receiver. I was told at the time they didn't have any 16" arrows in-stock if they couldn't repair mine. Anyway, I sent a follow-up to Julie on 4/22 and never heard back.

I no longer own the Siege, so it is water under the bridge. I guess my post was a bit passive aggressive.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
648 Posts
Water under a very wiiiiiiiidddddeeeeee bridge :)

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Maybe Mission or Scorpyd will come out with the perfect crossbow and nock. They have each had 3 years of R&D to do it. Nobody’s posted in the mission forum for like 2 weeks, it could always be worse. We could be double barrel Excalibur Justin Trudeau crossbow owners.
The Excal double barrel is not an issue.
The latter, no comment...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Do you think it's best that the alpha nock should be glued into the receiver to prevent the breakdown between the two and cause a failure? If so I going to glue all mine in now.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Do you think it's best that the alpha nock should be glued into the receiver to prevent the breakdown between the two and cause a failure? If so I going to glue all mine in now.
Gluing them will eliminate the possibility of unintentional separation or incorrect indexing. You're call on that.

I've shot TenPoint's Omni and Alpha nocks for a combined six years. Both are two piece design and except for me miss-indexing an Alpha nock, I've never had an issue with performance and that's over thousands of shots. I'm not buying that there is a defect in design or normal wear factor that creates a breakdown at their union.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Is your wife doegirl?
Yes.
I have had my 10 point education as an observer. She has had too many for my taste but that speaks only to her total investment. It's huge by any standard of the common man. Common I mean 100K+ income.

The arrows have been near 95% (guessing) of the issues.
I actually like 10 point, as a company. I like the fact that a hand full of people are competing in this market place.
I fully support their efforts and the compay.
That said...

The arrows are coming out in Pizz poor shape and the nocks are an abomination. I wont even get into why. We know why.

A bow that is relegated to a crap designed arrow finish, might as well be in the trash can, when the arrow is so substandard.

Inserts tweaked? Bend the broadhead shank to make it straight. Thats straight from the factory.... where she goes.
The nocks break and twerk on the shot? Send them back. Pretty hard to rectify a missed deer or a busted crank assembly due to that.

Warranty which has to be claimed every 3 months, due to the arrows? PLEASE!

The arrows being thrown together like vegetables in a blender is one thing but having a crap nock to top it off?
You cant even weed that stuff out and break even with customs.
Her arrows (to date) are 50/50 at best and at top price... Making them 2X the cost of S.S.A. and far below those standards.

I hope 10 point gets it's act together. I really do.
Doegirl has given up. She is selling out and headed back to Excalibur, just because the best (in her Ohio mindset) compound isnt even close to a Canadian company that has a (as Duke would say) a 5000 year old technology.

I am very upset and saddened for her. I am urging her to keep the Siege and go to an aftermarket nock which may solve her issues. To hell with the warranty.
She really likes that heavy hunk of (seemingly) lead stock.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
611 Posts
Yes.
I have had my 10 point education as an observer. She has had too many for my taste but that speaks only to her total investment. It's huge by any standard of the common man. Common I mean 100K+ income.

The arrows have been near 95% (guessing) of the issues.
I actually like 10 point, as a company. I like the fact that a hand full of people are competing in this market place.
I fully support their efforts and the compay.
That said...

The arrows are coming out in Pizz poor shape and the nocks are an abomination. I wont even get into why. We know why.

A bow that is relegated to a crap designed arrow finish, might as well be in the trash can, when the arrow is so substandard.

Inserts tweaked? Bend the broadhead shank to make it straight. Thats straight from the factory.... where she goes.
The nocks break and twerk on the shot? Send them back. Pretty hard to rectify a missed deer or a busted crank assembly due to that.

Warranty which has to be claimed every 3 months, due to the arrows? PLEASE!

The arrows being thrown together like vegetables in a blender is one thing but having a crap nock to top it off?
You cant even weed that stuff out and break even with customs.
Her arrows (to date) are 50/50 at best and at top price... Making them 2X the cost of S.S.A. and far below those standards.

I hope 10 point gets it's act together. I really do.
Doegirl has given up. She is selling out and headed back to Excalibur, just because the best (in her Ohio mindset) compound isnt even close to a Canadian company that has a (as Duke would say) a 5000 year old technology.

I am very upset and saddened for her. I am urging her to keep the Siege and go to an aftermarket nock which may solve her issues. To hell with the warranty.
She really likes that heavy hunk of (seemingly) lead stock.
Well 380, I understand your frustration and hers, but please understand that most of us haven’t had those problems. Your choice of words regarding the arrows are pretty harsh. The nock? Yes I understand but the arrows themselves IMO are pretty good. I’m sure many others would agree with me. Maybe it’s just me but trashing Tenpoint like that on this Public forum isn’t what I like to see. I hope she enjoys her Excalibur but I’m going to keep enjoying my Siege.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well 380, I understand your frustration and hers, but please understand that most of us haven’t had those problems. Your choice of words regarding the arrows are pretty harsh. The nock? Yes I understand but the arrows themselves IMO are pretty good. I’m sure many others would agree with me. Maybe it’s just me but trashing Tenpoint like that on this Public forum isn’t what I like to see. I hope she enjoys her Excalibur but I’m going to keep enjoying my Siege.
How do you decide who most of us are? There are plenty of people who have had problems with the Alpha Nock/Receiver.
A lot of us have had problems with the Alpha Nock/Receiver. How do you decide most of us? Did you take a poll? You must be a TP rep or something. You never have any problem with anything ever, yet you continually address everything everyone else says and say they are trashing TP. A lot of us have spent good money and we are having problems or we wouldn't be posting. So what exactly is your agenda Mister "I never have had any problems with anything whatsoever". If you don't like to see it then don't read it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just finished glued all mine in. Of course I analyze the knock and receiver it seems if the knock is pressed down locked in position that it's a pretty Fail-Safe design. But I can say with the Nock remove the receiver ears are incredibly fragile if one of ears were to break unknown and you shot it, could there be a possibility of a dry? Even without the ear the Nock is still settling on the receiver pressed to the arrow but the nock may push through the side with no ear. I understand TenPoint initial thought was to help us out if accuracy issues occur by being able to turn the knock to a different Cock vain TenPoint did not anticipate this problem if there is a problem? I would hate to be the one if the receiver fails. Toss the receiver go with a solid one-piece Alpha knock.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just finished glued all mine in. Of course I analyze the knock and receiver it seems if the knock is pressed down locked in position that it's a pretty Fail-Safe design. But I can say with the Nock remove the receiver ears are incredibly fragile if one of ears were to break unknown and you shot it, could there be a possibility of a dry? Even without the ear the Nock is still settling on the receiver pressed to the arrow but the nock may push through the side with no ear. I understand TenPoint initial thought was to help us out if accuracy issues occur by being able to turn the knock to a different Cock vain TenPoint did not anticipate this problem if there is a problem? I would hate to be the one if the receiver fails. Toss the receiver go with a solid one-piece Alpha knock.
The only option if you choose to use them is to glue them together. Ten Point didn't think much at all when they came up this design. If the receivers had wider ribs to promote more contact with the shaft and were slightly larger, they would fit into the shafts without gluing them and you could rotate them. Such a simple thing and they couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This may sound cliche. Hey we all are tenpoint consumers why don't we just ask Tenpoint we know Randy is here an active. As valued customers can you please drop the receive?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Theres a problem, smarter shooters than us hate these nocks. Brand loyalty is great to a point but once again I call this stubborn pride or plausible deniability. Xbow manufacturers have no business trying to corner the nock /arrow market when they cannot even fix the flaws in their xbows. Reeks of greed and arrogance

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
First time I have ever used the ignore option on anyone but the way Dan is being disrespectful and just plain obnoxious has earned it. I see no benefit to ever reading anything this guy writes. Joel is a good guy and does not deserve to be attacked by a jackass like Dan. Be the better man that you are Joel and walk away.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This may sound cliche. Hey we all are tenpoint consumers why don't we just ask Tenpoint we know Randy is here an active. As valued customers can you please drop the receive?
I have contacted Randy and spoke with Ten Point on the phone, along with a service center. They all say the same thing: Glue the nock to the receiver, then into the shaft. Ten Point also sent me a new pack of arrows because of this problem. The nocks were glued to the receiver. So that is their answer.

101 - 121 of 176 Posts