Crossbow Nation banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Theres a problem, smarter shooters than us hate these nocks. Brand loyalty is great to a point but once again I call this stubborn pride or plausible deniability.
Xbow manufacturers have no business trying to corner the nock /arrow market when they cannot even fix the flaws in their xbows. Reeks of greed and arrogance
Agreed.
Again, It's not like they are making the arrows anymore than they are making the broadheads that they suggest for use with their bows. This is all contract sales, where they make a percentage of sales.
The nocks are the brain trust of someone else who sold the idea to ten point and now they are vested in that idea.
I cant blame 10 point for the arrows being a disaster but I can blame them for insisting that they be used.

The arrows Doegirl bought, which had ill fitting inserts which were glued in out of alignment, are not supposed to be this way. It's just a fact that the manufacturer's processing before selling to 10 point is bottom shelf. Good shaft with junk on either end makes a bad arrow. Especially if you shoot fixed blade heads.
Add to that a jack in the box style nock and it's just a bomb waiting to be triggered.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Agreed.
Again, It's not like they are making the arrows anymore than they are making the broadheads that they suggest for use with their bows. This is all contract sales, where they make a percentage of sales.
The nocks are the brain trust of someone else who sold the idea to ten point and now they are vested in that idea.
I cant blame 10 point for the arrows being a disaster but I can blame them for insisting that they be used.

The arrows Doegirl bought, which had ill fitting inserts which were glued in out of alignment, are not supposed to be this way. It's just a fact that the manufacturer's processing before selling to 10 point is bottom shelf. Good shaft with junk on either end makes a bad arrow. Especially if you shoot fixed blade heads.
Add to that a jack in the box style nock and it's just a bomb waiting to be triggered.
Just out curiosity 380, which crossbow companies are building their own arrows or broadheads?

All of the US crossbow companies are involved with contracted business for core elements of their crossbows and for most, if not all of their accessories. A few in fact get 100% of their products from off shore suppliers. It's simply the way this industry works today.

I'm not challenging your issue with these arrows. I am challenging this statement which seems to be a general cheap shot at TenPoint based on what you think. Like most US crossbow manufacturers they buy, stock and sell. They don't sell, then buy and ship so there isn't a % of sales arrangement at play with their arrow supplier.

And for the record, TenPoint doesn't insist anyone use their arrows. They do insist that owners use their nocks. We all have the option to buy or build arrows of our choice.

Reactions: trailcamguy

·
103 Posts
Wow, guys, let's chill for a sec. We're talking about the disadvantages of a nock, real or imagined. It's not worth going at each others jugular about. Keep things in proper perspective, please.
I had two partial dry fires from two different TenPoint bows last year. Both times cost me an opportunity at filling a deer tag. My partner 380 was hunting with me and heard one of those dry fires which he described it as a gun going off. Now, my Viper is off to the factory status post dry fire and the trigger assembly being frozen in place.
These bows are top notch, no doubt about that. But my confidence is all but lost simply because I don't what will happen when I squeeze that trigger. That's a shame.

86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Thankfully, the following appear to be feasible alternatives to Tenpoint's Alphanock;

Firenock J Nock
ASAP Versanock
Lumenock revised Crescent/Half Moon Nock

Yes, if you are the original owner of a Tenpoint Crossbow that is less than 5 years old, you may void Tenpoint''s 5 year limb warranty by not using Tenpoint's proprietary nock.

If you are reading this thread, odds are you are an intelligent adult capable of making your own decisions regarding the crossbow equipment you elect to utilize, including arrow nocks.

Caveat Emptor

·
Registered
809 Posts
I believe you are misinterpreting what I said because you are saying the same thing.
I also am not taking cheap shots but I am stating facts and my opinions.
I did overstate when I said arrows required as I was thinking nocks/talking arrows and morphed the two.

Good catch. Still doesn't solve the problems.

Just out curiosity 380, which crossbow companies are building their own arrows or broadheads?

All of the US crossbow companies are involved with contracted business for core elements of their crossbows and for most, if not all of their accessories. A few in fact get 100% of their products from off shore suppliers. It's simply the way this industry works today.

I'm not challenging your issue with these arrows. I am challenging this statement which seems to be a general cheap shot at TenPoint based on what you think. Like most US crossbow manufacturers they buy, stock and sell. They don't sell, then buy and ship so there isn't a % of sales arrangement at play with their arrow supplier.

And for the record, TenPoint doesn't insist anyone use their arrows. They do insist that owners use their nocks. We all have the option to buy or build arrows of our choice.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thankfully, the following appear to be feasible alternatives to Tenpoint's Alphanock;

Firenock J Nock
ASAP Versanock

Yes, if you are the original owner of a Tenpoint Crossbow that is less than 5 years old, you may void Tenpoint''s 5 year limb warranty by not using Tenpoint's proprietary nock.

If you are reading this thread, odds are you are an intelligent adult capable of making your own decisions regarding the crossbow equipment you elect to utilize, including arrow nocks.

Caveat Emptor
Unfortunately, my Siege did not like the Versanock.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,194 Posts
So Doe's bow has come in and is already headed out. The damage to the bow verifies my initial thoughts of the arrow not being seated back against the string, but rather up against or just slightly under the DFI. The bow was shot and the DFI caught the string, but the DFI hammered the nock from the top as it caught the string, thus breaking the wing of the nock off from the force. This was not a nock issue. Her bow is headed back to the dealer today or Monday and she will be back in action.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Unfortunately, my Siege did not like the Versanock.
On a personal perspective my Siege, Viper and Blackhawk really likes them. I believe the issues you have shared regarding your Siege many times remains a mystery on root cause.

With brutal honesty I can share that the other night shooting long distance my dear wife asked if I would open the gate and let the sheep up to the barn. "You bet honey!" I walked over, opened the gate out came the sheep up to the barn. I walked over, got behind my optics, pressed the safety off and just guess what happened next, YEP, not so intelligent me didn't pay attention, got distracted, and forgot to load an arrow. I dry fired my Viper onto the DFI. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am not insinuating that anyone in this thread did this (besides me). However, as panful as it is to own my dumb action, I have to own what I did. OR just maybe post this on the forum. "Dear Randy, your piece of crap bow dryfired all by itself last night. I did everything right. I am really disappointed in this bow and TP should pay for me to send it back, fix it for free and return it next day air. I should have bought brand X. Very disappointed in TenPoint"

Everyone needs a mirror. After my DF:mad::mad::mad: I did "look in the mirror" and realized the honest thing to do was to OWN my own actions rather attempt to put it on someone else. Wasn't the cheapest thing to fix but regarding integrity, it was the right thing to do.

Have a wonderful day,
FD

·
TenPoint Representative
2,194 Posts
Now, my Viper is off to the factory status post dry fire and the trigger assembly being frozen in place.
These bows are top notch, no doubt about that. But my confidence is all but lost simply because I don't what will happen when I squeeze that trigger. That's a shame.
Doe, I want that confidence back, so when you get the bow back in a couple days, get some shots on it right away. Get with me if you have any issues.

·
Registered
222 Posts
On a personal perspective my Siege, Viper and Blackhawk really likes them. I believe the issues you have shared regarding your Siege many times remains a mystery on root cause.

With brutal honesty I can share that the other night shooting long distance my dear wife asked if I would open the gate and let the sheep up to the barn. "You bet honey!" I walked over, opened the gate out came the sheep up to the barn. I walked over, got behind my optics, pressed the safety off and just guess what happened next, YEP, not so intelligent me didn't pay attention, got distracted, and forgot to load an arrow. I dry fired my Viper onto the DFI. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am not insinuating that anyone in this thread did this (besides me). However, as panful as it is to own my dumb action, I have to own what I did. OR just maybe post this on the forum. "Dear Randy, your piece of crap bow dryfired all by itself last night. I did everything right. I am really disappointed in this bow and TP should pay for me to send it back, fix it for free and return it next day air. I should have bought brand X. Very disappointed in TenPoint"

Everyone needs a mirror. After my DF:mad::mad::mad: I did "look in the mirror" and realized the honest thing to do was to OWN my own actions rather attempt to put it on someone else. Wasn't the cheapest thing to fix but regarding integrity, it was the right thing to do.

Have a wonderful day,
FD
There's no mystery. The cam lean caused poor nock travel and the arrow was smacking down on the rail.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
There's no mystery. The cam lean caused poor nock travel and the arrow was smacking down on the rail.
Sorry to hear it was never resolved for you. I'm on my forth Accuslide bow and have had great success (except when I dry fired it).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to hear it was never resolved for you. I'm on my forth Accuslide bow and have had great success (except when I dry fired it).
I loved everything about the Siege. I've thought about trying the Viper, but still waiting to get my hands on a Swat X1 before deciding.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
648 Posts
First time I have ever used the ignore option on anyone but the way Dan is being disrespectful and just plain obnoxious has earned it. I see no benefit to ever reading anything this guy writes. Joel is a good guy and does not deserve to be attacked by a jackass like Dan. Be the better man that you are Joel and walk away.
x100!

·
Registered
478 Posts

Firenock J Nock
ASAP Versanock

Caveat Emptor
Yep, if i owned a ten point i would use a firenock J nock with my choice of .300 id. arrow 400 grns + and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yep, if i owned a ten point i would use a firenock J nock with my choice of .300 id. arrow 400 grns + and be done with it.
Or at least try one that fits what you have. What's the harm your gonna blow it up shortly anyway with the factory nonsense?
Here's your sign:
Firenock crossbow full container nock spec as such

V for 0.300" ID with 0.115+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Short Prong
C for 0.300" ID with 0.125+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Short Prong
U for 0.300" ID with 0.135+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Short Prong
Q for 0.300" ID with 0.145+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Long Prong
J for 0.300" ID with 0.155+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Short Prong
D for 0.298" ID with 0.165+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Long Prong
D2 for 0.300" ID with 0.165+/-0.05" OD string serving size with Long Prong
D3 for 0.300" ID with 0.165+/-0.05" OD string serving size with short Prong

121 - 140 of 176 Posts