Crossbow Nation banner

Nocks Other Than Alpha for Newer Tenpoint Crossbows?

41K views 179 replies 35 participants last post by  TP Suchs 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up some inexpensive discontinued 20" CE Piledrivers and 20" CE Juggernauts to try in my Tenpoint Nitro XRT.
Each box of CE bolts comes with plastic Omni Nocks, Half Moon Nocks and Capture Nocks.

Have any of you with Tenpoint crossbows that were manufactured in the last 4 years successfully used nocks other than the Alpha nocks in your crossbow without any adverse impact to the crossbow or serving?
If so, what style/brand have you used?

Have any of you successfully fitted Alpha nock receivers in Carbon Express bolts?
If so, what size did you use and where did you obtain them?

Thank you!

#2 ·
What color are the omni nocks? The omni nock color will determine the correct receiver size you will need.

#17 ·
BTW, although TenPoint does voluntarily come to these forums to help Members, they surely do not see every single complaint.
They have a great Facebook page as well, with many of the Support Staff manning it all day long, too.

Contacting the Company directly will have the most impact I'm sure.
I am also very sure they are well aware of nock concerns and are addressing them.

#18 ·
There has been a pretty vocal dissatisfaction with the 2 piece alpha nock and they haven't addressed it other than to say "we have nothing else in the works". A one piece friction fit nock would be an easy addition to their line up and would be very well received IMO.
Did the current alpha nock keep me from buying two of their bows? No, but that doesn't mean I am completely happy or satisfied with the product.

#24 ·
So far I have not had one nock (lighted nock version) come out of the receiver while shooting either my spyderweb ST18 XL or the Yellowjacket YJ 450. I don’t mind the non lighted nocks being glued in. I’m sure tenpoint will come out with a one piece alpha nock. The nocks are cheap enough I will have plenty extra in case one does come out. To me it’s a non issue. I don’t always use lighted nocks when hunting. I actually enjoy searching for my arrow after putting a big buck down. What would you have done before lighted nocks were available for purchase? Proper bow maintenance will avoid problems most of the time. And a quality target for your arrows.

#28 ·
Maybe a one piece Alpha nock glued in with the Bohning Ferr L Tite cool flex glue? Then they would be removable. But I will say the nocks that come in the packs with the light sticks and different colored receivers seem to snap in tighter than say the white nocks. I’ve got the red nocks with the yellow receivers in my CenterPunch arrows, shooting them with my Siege with the hot limbs and have not had one come out, even when sighting in at 10 yards. Had to change out the rangemaster pro scope because it’s shooting so fast. Hopefully Friday or Saturday I can give the white nocks a good run and see how they do. Between work and the Kansas wind I haven’t gotten much shooting in. I’ll be shooting CenterPunch arrows using the white nocks and yellow receivers.

#39 ·
It’s amazing that people cannot voice concerns without them being labeled complaining. Between that though I did like the “describe the complete situation “ approach.

I personally would say at least 10% of the time my alpha nocks fall out.

I shoot a nitro xrt.

I shot a deer this year with this same bow with a lighted alpha nock and black eagle executioner. I recovered the light and nothing else. I am not complaining about losing the arrow or broadhead but that is 1 of the reasons I would like to use a lighted nock. The main reason I use a lighted nock is so I can see the arrow flight and impact location on the animal.

I’ve had the non lighted nocks fall out upon impact into my rinehart 18-1 block target.

My previous xbow that I still own n shoot is a strike zone 350 that uses moon nocks. I have several different manufacturers moon nocks lighted n non lighted and I’d say I’ve lost a couple out of a 1000 shots.

The alpha nock is truly nothing more then a moon nock and there is zero reason they cannot or should not make a one piece press to fit alpha nock. The lighted version might take some more r n d to be more reliable but the non lighted version should be one piece and tight fitting like all my moon nocks.

A funny thing I read here was how a guy didn’t like the alphas and didn’t like glued in nocks so he decided to make his own nocks and his first customer received his order with the new custom nocks and they were glued in.

#41 · (Edited)
... I did like the “describe the complete situation “ approach.
I personally would say at least 10% of the time my alpha nocks fall out. I shoot a nitro xrt.
I shot a deer this year with this same bow with a lighted alpha nock and black eagle executioner. I recovered the light and nothing else. I am not complaining about losing the arrow or broadhead but that is 1 of the reasons I would like to use a lighted nock. The main reason I use a lighted nock is so I can see the arrow flight and impact location on the animal.
I’ve had the non lighted nocks fall out upon impact into my rinehart 18-1 block target....
A funny thing I read here was how a guy didn’t like the alphas and didn’t like glued in nocks so he decided to make his own nocks and his first customer received his order with the new custom nocks and they were glued in.
There we go.
IMO, a good start.
That is the kind of feedback that helps.
IMO, again, a Company is more likely to listen and react to concerns when as much detail as possible is given without them having to pull teeth to get it.

So, I have had one or two aluminum nocks, say two, out of 600 shots fall out shooting 0.297" I.D. 20" EVO-X CenterPunch arrows.
That is 0.33%.
Have not had any plastic green or white nocks, same size, same arrow builds fall out.

You have 10% fall out but do not list arrow, nock, I.D., how many total shots, etc but better than nothing.

If more people provided detailed info, it would help to identify if it was an across the board issue, a particular batch, particular size, etc, etc.

As I stated, I do not work for TenPoint but have been dealing with Customers most of my career and in all honesty, would not do it any longer.
Just do not have the patience any more.

Kinda like seeing threads titled "Please Help!!!' , posted in the wrong forum category to boot.
Not very conducive to building a good, searchable forum database.

#50 · (Edited)
ONLY NOCK I WILL USE!!!!. $1.25 is more than a fair price. I got my order in. The injection mold is an ASAP exclusive and is ballistic grade build. The nock exceeds any Xbow requirements shot at any speed. Now, I'm no 450fps shooter but wouldn't hesitate one second vs any nock that has an apex design or is a two piece nock.

Like to add this other thought. Companies the state narrow limb Xbows require their nock I will not drink that Kool-aide. Narrow limb crossbows trigger latch assembly is much wider than the nock itself. So I will not buy into the OEM play with nocks or arrows.

#54 ·
I’ve never met a bigger TenPoint fanboy or supporter than myself. I love their crossbows and currently own two models. Had a buddy who bought a titan back in 2000 and hunted with it for 17 or 18 years very successfully. Having said that it is my OPINION that their nock design, especially the lighted nock design, is their weakest point. I stopped using lighted alpha nocks due to then getting turned on EVERY trip to my stand. Maddening! However, as I stated in another thread I believe they are trying their best to make an arrow / nock system for the average shooter. You know the 90% of crossbow users who shoot 5 arrows a year and can’t index a simple alpha nock correctly so they now glue them? Tough to balance making products for guys like us and the guy who just wants to shoot enough to kill something.

#58 ·
If ten point wants to play this nock card and wants to use a freakin’ nock as a warranty scare tactics I’ll never buy another Ten Point. Ever!!!!!!! Your freaking alpha nocks are a horrible design. There are multiple nocks out there that are better. I had a partial fry fire with my RDX 400 because your two piece crappy alpha nock. Gluing is your fix? You still have an apex center on the nock surface. Not optimum vs my Versa nock. To each their own.

I’m not drinking that kool-aide. Nice Xbow. Also, I’m not worried one bit using a Versa nock causing string damage. Seems you should be considering Versa nocks but decision maker egos seems at play. To each their own.

#93 ·
If ten point wants to play this nock card and wants to use a freakin’ nock as a warranty scare tactics I’ll never buy another Ten Point. Ever!!!!!!! Your freaking alpha nocks are a horrible design. There are multiple nocks out there that are better. I had a partial fry fire with my RDX 400 because your two piece crappy alpha nock. Gluing is your fix? You still have an apex center on the nock surface. Not optimum vs my Versa nock. To each their own.

I’m not drinking that kool-aide. Nice Xbow. Also, I’m not worried one bit using a Versa nock causing string damage. Seems you should be considering Versa nocks but decision maker egos seems at play. To each their own.
I have watched my wife miss more deer last year, due to the Alpha nocks than I have ever seen her miss deer, period.
Saw her blow a nock yesterday and now her bow is all jammed up and headed to the shop to get fixed.
I have NEVER seen a worse nock ever. Not since Arizona Archery had that dye issue back 20+ years ago.

Last I heard, she was selling her 10 points and heading back to Excalibur. All because of having to fool with this ridiculous nock for the last year. I think she was crying after yesterdays disaster. Number of problems over the last year? I have no idea. A LOT. She is so frazzled over this never ending drama.

She bought 6K worth of 10 points in the last year, attempting to correct the problem with the arrow by switching bows. I think she is going to take a 2K bath after all is said and done. I am fairly confident she will never buy another 10 point.

She has been a crossbow hunter for over 20 years and a particular tech head so I know it isnt her. It's the nock.

Very disappointing.

#59 ·
If the nock used is determined to be the cause of a warranty claim and said nock is not an Alpha nock, then yes i can see denying the claim but not voiding the entire warranty.

If the warranty claim is not related to nock failure, then i do not see how Tenpoint can legally invalidate the warranty claim or the entire 5 year warranty.

Is intimidation part of Tenpoints Marketing Policy? If so, i will be looking to a different manufacturer when i'm ready for a new bow. Sounds like i will be in good company.

#60 ·
Rising,

There was no intimidation. A poster suggested if something other than the Alpha no was used it would void the warranty. I just verified that. Everybody is a grown up here and can make their own choices. I can step away from the forum and not give factory support like all the other crossbow companies do, if that is what everybody wants.

#62 ·
All crossbow manufacturer will void the warranty if you have a problem related to not using their recommended nocks! Read the site's warranty information on any crossbow. YES ANY crossbow! They are all the same. I'm sure customer service for any manufacturer has heard all the excuses.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

#67 · (Edited)
The original Omni Nock was a great innovation. The ability to load an arrow in any orientation without a flat nock. It had some problems but was worked out in the 2.0 version. I still use it in my Carbon Nitro. If they can design one to work in the new ultra narrow bows it would be terrific!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.