Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where were you the day that Kennedy was assassinated?

I was in Earth Science class with Mrs. Belostowski. Girls running around crying. Guys deciding what we were going to do with the rest of the day since they were closing the school.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I was 9 years old, in the 4th grade, outside during PE. The principal of the school announced this tragic event over the schools intercom system. I so much remember the parents faces as they came to pick up their children. I remember watching the news coverage and remember to this day the book depository, Officer Tippit, the movie theater, Jack Ruby....much more but a country changing event in 1963.

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
I believe I was in study hall at school, I was a Junior.

I think it was that Saturday several of us were at a friends house and watched Lee Harvey Oswald get shot on live TV - I thought WTF.

Reactions: ranger sgt

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I was in Ms. Johnson's 7th grade class n they brought in a TV showing the News for us to watch the rest of school day.

Reactions: ranger sgt

·
6,045 Posts
I was a junior getting ready for band practice getting my instrument out when a senior girl came in hysterically crying.
”President Kennedy has been shot and killed”.

No one said, “Kennedy has been killed.” They said either, “The President has been killed“; but more commonly , ”President Kennedy has been killed”. His “ extra marital” escapades were largely kept under wrap during that time period.

Not until after Watergate and Peter Jenning’s extreme disdain for President Nixon were Presidents called by only their last name. President Nixon’s bizarre behavior and general dislikability caused Jenning’s refusal to call him “President” which was unprecedented. 1968 and then Watergate changed the “American” landscape forever.

·
Registered
396 Posts
High school Physics class. Prinipal came around about 1:30 and told the teacher and then he came in and told us. Girls were crying and guys were in disbelief and then mad as can be. 9/11 I was at work but out of the office when the first plane hit and got back to the office as the second hit. Two days I doubt I will ever forget or where I was.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I was 3 & 1/2 months old so most likely I was either sleeping, eating, or pooping.
It was definitely a defining day in America's history that those who were old enough to remember have never forgotten.

Reactions: Old Vet
1 - 20 of 50 Posts