Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my new 340mag, what arrow do you recommend I get. The ones that came with it are 16.5” long. Also where can I find lighted flat nocks. Everywhere I have looked online do not carry 16.5” arrows or lighted flat nocks.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Call Jerry at South Shore Archery (Tapp Nation).
Yea, I agree. You and he can talk about what youre wanting to do with your arrows....whether it's just hunting or long range target practicing. He wont sell you more than you want.

Reactions: retro

·
Registered
559 Posts
Now that I have my new 340mag, what arrow do you recommend I get. The ones that came with it are 16.5” long. Also where can I find lighted flat nocks. Everywhere I have looked online do not carry 16.5” arrows or lighted flat nocks.
Quills are what Excalibur calls the ones that came with your Mag.

Just Google search "Illuminated Quill Excalibur" and you'll find the identical ones that come with Lumenok installed.

Or for just the Lumenok Google search "Excalibur Lumenok Flat"

Then of course you can buy whatever different arrows you want and not stick with the Quills at all. Any good arrow supplier will offer you the proper lighted nocks with them (South Shore, Wyvern, Borkholder, CrossbowExpert) to name a few.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have used Lumenoks in Zombies and Spynal Tapps in the past. Ya just slip a short length of hose over them and shake to turn them off.

Lumenok GTF Flat Lighted Crossbow Nock

Lotsa choices for arrows out there... for custom matched arrows Tapp Nation is tough to beat, but if ya just hunting short range you may want arrows that are cheaper & easier on your wallet if ya break one or lose a couple in the undergrowth on pass-throughs. I personally choose to shoot the stiffest shaft available in all situations (which are Black Eagle Zombie Slayers and Spynal Tapps), but at $32 each including broadhead its painful when I lose them. Let your wallet help ya decide....

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Amazon has all this stuff.

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
If just hunting, I personally wouldn’t pay the price for custom arrows. Any factory fletched arrows will kill anything that you may hunt. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hidden Waters

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If just hunting, I personally wouldn’t pay the price for custom arrows. Any factory fletched arrows will kill anything that you may hunt. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I have some 20” BEE .001 that I am going to cut down as soon as my inserts get here. That should give me an arrow the weighs 410 gr. Using my 100 grain points . That should be good enough for deer hunting!

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
That’ll work perfect! Good luck!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Lots of choices for illuminated flat nocks:
Lumenock, as previously mentioned, Nufletch ignitors, Cleanshot nockouts..just to name a few. I have used the ignitors the most and found them the easiest to use. The light sticks are easy use/replace.
As far as arrows, South Shore, Wyvern and Burkholder are all good sources.
Recently, I purchased a quality arrow saw and have been cutting down some Camx Accuspines (Black Eagle Executioners) to around 15" in length and installing new brass inserts. They've been flying well out of my custom micro bulldog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts