2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tough love!
If rape is love then ya. Hold 'em down and tell them you love them LOL!
I'll just steer clear of those last call offers, thank you :D
"This cant happen"
Yeah...yeah it can.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I understand that. Telling the customer they are wrong...even before he receives the bow.
If rape is love then ya. Hold 'em down and tell them you love them LOL!
I'll just steer clear of those last call offers, thank you :D
"This cant happen"
Yeah...yeah it can.
They don't see your point!,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I saw the video on a Facebook page and I thought it was rather tasteless. Glad I didn’t do business with him when I was searching for a new crossbow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Add'l info:
(Start around 1:40 if you don't want to watch it all)

·
8,905 Posts
FIRENOCK! … there's nothing as reassuring as that "SNAP" as you seat your arrow! I snap it on, give it a slight twist right & left to be sure it's seated and in less than a second my subconscious is clear of any arrow being seated correctly doubt. Every crossbow manufacturer should do their customers a service like Scorpyd does and move to snap on nocks!!! Everything else is just looking for blown up crossbows.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
FIRENOCK! … there's nothing as reassuring as that "SNAP" as you seat your arrow! I snap it on, give it a slight twist right & left to be sure it's seated and in less than a second my subconscious is clear of any arrow being seated correctly doubt. Every crossbow manufacturer should do their customers a service like Scorpyd does and move to snap on nocks!!! Everything else is just looking for blown up crossbows.
Just curious as I have never shot with a firenock before.
Is it similar to a Ravin nock?
Sounds like it.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
My personal opinion is that at least 50% of "problems" associated with cross bows is USER error. There are so many things a person can muff up to cause issues. The more complex bows become, the more "muff ups" will happen.

Reactions: Lonster

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Ludicrous to think a arrow can rotate and correct a misloaded arrow. The vane inside the barrel will stop it.
The gentleman in the video is not stating that the arrow will be rotated into the correct position if misloaded.
Simply that the Alpha Nock will help prevent a semi or total dry-fire situation.

If the arrow is loaded upside down, there will be no vane in the barrel's rail.
The cock vane will be straight up and the other two vanes will be at 120 degrees from the cock vane.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The gentleman in the video is not stating that the arrow will be rotated into the correct position if misloaded.
Simply that the Alpha Nock will help prevent a semi or total dry-fire situation.

If the arrow is loaded upside down, there will be no vane in the barrel's rail.
The cock vane will be straight up and the other two vanes will be at 120 degrees from the cock vane.
Oh, so it has to be loaded wrong only one way? Ludicrous.

·
8,905 Posts
Just curious as I have never shot with a firenock before.
Is it similar to a Ravin nock?
Sounds like it.
Evidently … Firenock has the patent for snap on nocks so everyone else can at best offer "capture" nocks which are similar but will not grab the string and hold the arrow from moving away from that string. My fear has always been that an arrow with a flat, moon, alpha, capture or Omni nock would inadvertently be moved off the string and cause a dry fire. Before I switched to Firenocks I was paranoid about it and constantly checking my arrow position. I've had high grass grab a broadhead and pull arrows off the rails. With Firenocks I've had tug of wars with grass grabbing a Ramcat and the arrow STILL held onto the string. Now THAT's Pease Of Mind!...lol

1 - 20 of 93 Posts