Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Beagles out for a little training yesterday morning.
This is what i do along with some fishing.
Copper is a redtick i raised from a pup, along with Sugar And Izzy. They can smoke a rabbit. That is some thick country your looking at. I think i saw 6 or 8 deer that morning. I love getting out early in the mornings running the dogs and just enjoying the outdoors.
Thought you might like to hear a nice chase.

·
11,688 Posts
I don't see no dogs?
:p ;)

·
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch across the pond in that Electric line right of way. You will see Copper a Red tick followed very closely by Sugar brown and white then Izzy a Black and tan.

Heres part of another chase you can see the dogs.
Talk about marksmanship pressure training. Those dogs are concerned fast . Try hitting that rabbit running through that kinda stuff. All the while keeping in mind where the dogs and other hunters are. With a shotgun. Kinda makes hitting a deer standing straddle a pile of corn kinda easy. As far as when the heat of the moment stuff comes a calling :).

·
11,688 Posts
Saw-em ... but I got chills because hear barking dogs every day of my life. I let my one tenant keep her little old terrier when she moved in 8 years ago. From a distance, kinda looked like that one white dog in the video ...lol ;) Fast forward a few years, her boyfriend from Michigan moves in and I let the Vietnam vet keep his sweet golden retriever. Terrier dies, I figure she knows how to handle dogs because the old one was a prince; so I let her replace it. Man, blew that call big time! Useless, nasty POS new dog barks every single time I go out my door. Nipping, yipping and yapping every time I go near their deck. Retriever dies, vet is heartbroken, let him buy another dog. Again, assume HE knows how to train a dog because the Golden was ... golden. After about 3 or 4 months the little crap dog teaches the new labradoodle thing to start barking. Big dog is nice enough, little retarded maybe, but not mean. I made it clear that I'm not happy about barking dogs. Eventually offered to PAY for sending the friggen dogs to pricey "Bark Busters" which an old Sheila of mine told me about. She was a volunteer at a local pound and said every single dog they sent to Bark Busters got adopted. Tenant tried to keep the dogs quiet for a couple weeks; then things went back to "normal." They keep the rental immaculate, watch the property, are conservatives and most important, pay their rent religiously on time. Absolutely low maintenance, except for the friggen annoying dogs. Annoyed as it makes me, not something I'm going to the mat over. Good tenants earn more flexibility...lol I guess on the bright side the hounds protect the property. They bark at everything near the property. People walk up the street 100 feet away and the things start barking. I do a lot of mumbling under my breath though. :rolleyes: 😂 (And, I have had a few fantasies of that little terrier showing up on a DMP bait pile with a Volquartsen .22lr or a suppressed .223Rem in my hands.):p🤯☠🌼✝

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
876 Posts
When the video started my volume was turned all the way up. My hound dog Jake sprung up and looked like he was ready to run with the pack. Now I now how to get him off the couch when he's being lazy.
Take care
Oncebitten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts