Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I completely misread the regulations for this season. I hunt in zone C and If I am reading this right I can take six deer? I can purchase 3 $24 either sex tags in addition to 3 $15 antlerless only tags that can be used until Dec 7th.
So if I buy the first $24 either sex tag I can purchase 3 antlerless only $15 tags then go back and buy 2 more $24 either sex tags. Is that right?

If I can take 5 does and a buck or 6 does I won't need to buy beef at all for the entire year. I don't want to harvest 6 does from my immediate area. I am going to have to do some scouting this year.

·
665 Posts
Urban Legend said:
From what I read, you are correct. 6 Deer, wow. The crossbow has decimated the deer heard hear in Ohio.;)

hey careful what you say some people north of you might want to tar and feather you for such a comment :D

·
31 Posts
Just remember, still only 1 buck.

We all need to take multiple does this year. My household plans to do its part!

:ack2:

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I'm not hunting Ohio this year for a change. Gas is getting too high to go play everywhere.We usually hunt Knox county. Good luck on getting 6 deer! We get 2 buck and 3 doe where I live, but have to pay a head fee. Bucks by the inches and does by the head. A 150" deer here costs $3,500.00. Why we hunt else where.

·
85 Posts
Be careful with the 6 deer limit, Louisiana has a 6 deer limit and through the years we have seen a steady decline in our deer herd in the area I hunt. If not for the individual clubs putting limits on the number of does to be harvested, meat hunters and poachers would have nearly shot out our deer population. If the number of deer taken are not monitored correctly,you can over shoot the does. Of coarse our season runs fron Oct.1 thru Feb.15, giving ample time harvest 6 deer.

·
38 Posts
Actually 7 deer if you take one in an urban zone on an antlerless only tag. :D
(more proof that crossbows have decimated the deer herd and ruined hunting in Ohio :rolleyes:)

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blue heeler said:
Be careful with the 6 deer limit, Louisiana has a 6 deer limit and through the years we have seen a steady decline in our deer herd in the area I hunt. If not for the individual clubs putting limits on the number of does to be harvested, meat hunters and poachers would have nearly shot out our deer population. If the number of deer taken are not monitored correctly,you can over shoot the does. Of coarse our season runs fron Oct.1 thru Feb.15, giving ample time harvest 6 deer.
On the QDM land I use down in SE Ohio and around it I have no need to harvest that many deer. We already have 4 adult hunters and 2 youths. Taking that many deer there would be devastating considering the surrounding lands and hunters. I am trying to get into a local village program for my extra permits. And oh boy do they need it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts