Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Ravin R 26 Burris Oracle (Eleanor4)
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you Buckeyes...looks like we have first cool front of the Fall headed our way in next week and things are looking pretty good. Plenty of rain this Spring/Summer so crops are great and horns did well. I hope you all have a great season and stay safe!

Here's a couple bucks on my farm.
Output device Rectangle Gadget Font Television set
Mesh Sky Architecture Water Grass
Plant Rectangle Grass Terrestrial plant Font
Gadget Font Rectangle Flat panel display Terrestrial plant
Rectangle Output device Gadget Font Television set
Sky Wood Rectangle Font Material property
Wood Sky Trunk Tints and shades Twig

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Todd is lying! We have no deer here in Ohio and we most certainly do not have any big bucks here!! :cool:
Rob is correct it just came across TV during MNF games "All Ohio Big Bucks Are Missing?"

still a lot of investigation to be completed it could be months until solved. If you are outside Ohio you may want to move hunt to Illinois or Kansas or something???

·
Registered
16,352 Posts
Ive hunting in SE Ohio a few times and was blown away at all the agriculture I saw while visiting there. There's NO WAY we will ever get to see the caliber of bucks that you guys can grow up there on a regular basis. Wished I could hunt it some more but probably never will. Good luck to you guys .:)

·
Registered
TenPoint Turbo S1 / Burris Oracle X
2,119 Posts
The folks in WV have a conspiracy theory that we cross bred our deer with mule deer back in the 70’s :ROFLMAO:. But they go out and shoot WV 11 pointers every rifle season then wonder why there are no big bucks. Btw a WV 11pt is a spike buck:oops:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The folks in WV have a conspiracy theory that we cross bred our deer with mule deer back in the 70’s :ROFLMAO:. But they go out and shoot WV 11 pointers every rifle season then wonder why there are no big bucks. Btw a WV 11pt is a spike buck:oops:
So many states complain about no big bucks. Yet the states allow you to kill 2 bucks with no minimum. So the 2 year olds get crushed...hard to get to 5 years if you get shot at 2. Ohio allows one buck no matter what you shoot it with. I'm glad we are managing our herd.

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
1,519 Posts
Ok all you Buckeyes...looks like we have first cool front of the Fall headed our way in next week and things are looking pretty good. Plenty of rain this Spring/Summer so crops are great and horns did well. I hope you all have a great season and stay safe!

Here's a couple bucks on my farm. View attachment 233775 View attachment 233776 View attachment 233777 View attachment 233778 View attachment 233779 View attachment 233780 View attachment 233781
Looking great buddy!!

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
1,519 Posts
So many states complain about no big bucks. Yet the states allow you to kill 2 bucks with no minimum. So the 2 year olds get crushed...hard to get to 5 years if you get shot at 2. Ohio allows one buck no matter what you shoot it with. I'm glad we are managing our herd.
Wis has no size limits and people complain all the time about not enough big bucks. Crazy

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wis has no size limits and people complain all the time about not enough big bucks. Crazy
Craig. It's too bad I grew up hunting Michigan Upper Penn and Northern Wisconsin. I loved hunting the Big Woods. But the Bucks kept getting smaller and you saw fewer and fewer. The Mid West farm country is awful hard to beat. But I sure miss hunting in the Forrest.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts