Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Oklahoma House of Rep. passed 91-0 a bill to allow anyone age 55 or older to use a crossbow during archery season. In OK that is Oct 1 to Jan 15. It is now in the Senate, then to the Gov. It still allows disability at any age. Fall turkey season is included in archery season. We may have a general crossbow season this year yet.

navydad

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
that would be a great thing! Gathered some info for a debate in NJ recently, not trying to hijack your thread, ND, but this looks as good as anywhere to pass this on. As of 2002 they were only legal for all season in 3 states. Since then, 4 more for all season, plus 6 more for partial or over 65 or 62. Not sure if Il is in that number or not, they just went over 62. Word is they are going to be legal in NJ next year, along w/ stuff happening in La. at present, they are only not allowed in any fashion in one state, Or. Could include NY in that w/ their breath tube requirement, lol. Never seen a breath tube trigger.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on Oklahoma House bill 2226

I just talked to the Records section of the Legislature. NO House bill that has passed has been assigned to a committee in the Senate. I guess we wait a bit more for action.

navydad

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
House Bill 2226
by Rep. Glen Bud Smithson.
Committee substitute allows residents 55 years of age or older
to hunt with a crossbow in Oklahoma.

Bill would be effective immediately upon passage.
Passed by the House 91-0.
Passed by the Senate Tourism and Wildlife Committee.

As of April 1, 2008
Bill now awaiting action by the full Senate.

Bill
Oklahoma Crossbow Shooters Assn

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oklahoma Crossbow Bill April 14, 2008

As of today, Monday April 14th, the Oklahoma Crossbow Bill had passed the Senate 48-2 and was in the Joint House/Senate Committee having the "kinks" worked out. These kinks would be the differences between the house and senate bill. There are enough votes to pass the bill on an EMERGENCY basis. In Oklahoma this means it would become law as soon as it is signed by the Governor. Otherwise the wait is 90 days to become law.

LOOOOOOOOOOOKING GOOOOOOOOOOD

navydad

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
cut and paste job from Ok Bowsite forum posted today:

Here is the latest from the ODWC website.

House Bill 2226 by Rep. Glen Bud Smithson. Committee substitute allows residents 55 years of age or older to hunt with a crossbow. Bill would be effective immediately upon passage. Passed by the House 91-0. Bill amended and passed by the Senate 45-2. Amendment changes the age to 60 years old for those allowed to use a crossbow. Bill now goes back to the House for consideration of Senate amendments.

·
TenPoint Representative
1,884 Posts
Oklahoma Crossbow Shooters Assoc.

Guys,
There is a new Crossbow organization in OK that is just getting started. Check out there site and if you are interested, sign up!

http://www.oklahomaxbowshooters.org/

I spoke with Bill from there yesterday and he seems to have his ducks in a row and they will be try for more expansion in the years to come.
-----
Randy Wood
National Sales Manager
TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on Oklahoma crossbow bill 5-1-08

I just spoke with the Senate and here is the word of the day. The Senate bill allowing a hunter age 60 and over to use a crossbow has been sent back to the house. The House bill allowed a hunter 55 and over to use a crossbow. The House can accept the change or reject it. If they reject it, it will go to a conference committee to work out the differences. It is not in committee as of today.

navydad

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I talked today with Representative Glen B. Smithson who is the author of HB2226.

I will accept the senate amendment on this bill probably this week and it will go to the governor for signing. I foresee no problems with his signing it into law

The Senate Amendment sets the age at 60

So, once this is signed by the governor, ANYONE age 60 and over can hunt with a crossbow in Oklahoma and they DO NOT have to have any kind of a disability!!

Bill Becquart
www.oklahomaxbowshooters.org

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
House Bill 2226 by Rep. Glen Bud Smithson.

Allows Oklahoma residents 60 years of age and older to hunt with a crossbow (and they do not have to have any kind of a disability to do so)

HB2226 has passed the house and senate and is now ready to be signed by the governor!

It is done deal !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts