Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

September 26-28, 2008
Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/wildlifeexpo.htm

If anyone will be in Oklahoma in September, this is one event not to be missed!​

There will be between 35,000 to 42,000 people that show up for this every year and the Expo covers all aspects of hunting, fishing and doing fun things outdoors and admission is FREE.​

Presented by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and a coalition of conservation organizations, agencies and sponsors, Expo celebrates our great state's natural diversity and opportunities for the sporting enthusiast.​

From camping and outdoor skills to shooting sports, archery and fishing, from bird watching to kayaking, expo visitors have an opportunity to try their hands at three days of fun in the outdoors.​

Don't know yet how many Oklahoma Crossbow shooters will be there, but the "other guys" will be there in force on the "Green Loop" with their on site outdoor 3-D Archery Range and indoor "kids only" archery range, so we will work on getting something there for our new state organization!​

I go every year and if you are in the neigborhood, this is not an event to be missed!

Reasons you should attend the Wildlife Expo
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/wildlifeexporeasons.htm

·
11,449 Posts
Bill

Keep us posted. I'm particularly interested in the crossbow turnout for this event.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There has never been a crossbow turnout for this in the past.

We will try to change that this year (grin)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well, YOU need to volunteer to run a crossbow shooting range! What bow do you shoot? Get that company to provide you some shooter bows, bag targets, and get 'er done. We do that each year at the TEXAS EXPO. It's a big hit too. Thanks to HORTON for doing this for TEXAS each year.
Last year, we ran 1,635 shooters through our booth and everyone got to shoot twice so we cocked crossbows 3,200 times. ARGH! I recruite help and TPWD provides volunteers to help as well. We run more shooters through that booth than any of the other shooting sports booths with acception of the b-b gun booth because of the age of shooters we allow to enter. This helps in so many ways. It gives exposure to the sport. Introduces people to the sport, introduces the specific product to the public, and surely helps to get taxpayers to see how they work through postive hands on experience. Makes great brownie points with the DNR or whatever they call it there. HORTON Manufacturing sponsors this project at our TEXAS Expo. It's also a great opportunity to meet people who work as Game Wardens, the general public, and office and commisioners within your state. I get kids that we taught how to shoot the previous years and they act like we are heros. It's an awesome experience, though tiring. I'll post some pictures I took after I get to the other computer. It takes someone just like you to do this. If you need any advice on how to set it up, I'd be more than willing to help you. Just ask me anything.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts