Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oklahoma's Sooner State Games
will have a shooting event for crossbows!

The Sooner State Games is truly Oklahoma's only Amateur Sports Festival.

Based on the Olympic format and officially endorsed by the United States Olympic Committee,
the Sooner State Games is open to every amateur athlete in our state, regardless of age, sex or ability.

The purpose of the Sooner State Games is to enhance Oklahoma's effort to unite all communities across the state through sport, health and wellness.

There are currently over 11,000 Oklahomans participating in the Sooner State Games

Jeff Steele (w/Trosper Archery Club)
is the cordinator for the state games (in archery)
Jeff says there will be a class for crossbows in the field round and the 3-d round (only it will be called Crossbow Pro Class).

If you are interested in participating in the Summer State Games (June 21 & 22, 2008) and would like a handbook please email Brittany at [email protected] with your mailing address. They will mail their latest handbook immediately.

It would Reallllly Help the cause in Oklahoma

If we had a very good turnout at this years Sooner State Games

and besides...Someone Has to Win the Gold Medal for Best Crossbow Shooter in Oklahoma

Who knows - Just might be You !!!!

Bill Becquart
President
Oklahoma Crossbow Shooters Assn

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE on who can participate in the Crossbow Shoot
at the Oklahoma Sooner State Games!

Bill, just got off the phone w/ Brittany, great news!

Both Arkansas and Tennesee residents can enter the games.

If I understood her correctly, the deciding factor is if a non residents home state has the same event then I think they can't enter Ok's.

Probaly since winners in Ok city can go on to other higher ranking level competitions in some grander plan than I think any of us will qualify for, lol.

Think she said 1st Columbia, Mo then some place in Colorado.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Sure got warm fast at the Sooner shoot! Here's a pic of my buddy "Smokepolehall" and myself right after I dragged my butt to the shade after 3-D round.

Lots of young archers gettin er done!

Barnett Display and former range rules

·
821 Posts
Looks like a great time. Nice pics. Any updates regarding winners? :confused:

Reactions: joe171 and Trapper1

·
23 Posts
Barnet donated crossbow

Barnett had the Predator, Revolution AVI, Quad 400 AVI and the Wildcat on display. The winner of the open drawing had a choice between the Quad or Wildcat. A woman from the Western part of the state won and chose the Quad. It was interesting to watch archers who had never picked one up, hold and sight down the deck. Thanks to Barnett we had some thing to "show and tell". There is a need for general crossbow education starting with keep your fingers below the string. There was only one negative response and that was "I don't do crossbows". A good time was had by all. Many thanks to awshucks and his comments. He had a 25 yr. anniversary Excalibur with a beautiful multi-colored stock and what looked like hand checkering. Shame on you for taking it out in the heat and dust. It was by far the most beautiful cross bow of the day.

I was very pleased to have helped Barnett with the display. We plan on showing Barnett products at other shoots and at Bass Pro.

A big thank you to Jeff Steele for letting crossbows in and Barnett for sending thingns to show.

navydad
W.E. Duff Norman, OK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts