Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are still shooting the old Exo-series bows? I just change the limbs on my Exocet200, not because of a limb failure but the camo started chipping off. Underneath the limbs are still smooth. These long limb excals are bulletproof!

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
My Vortex has killed atleast one deer every year since Ive owned it and it'll kill another one this season too.;):)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use the Exo series. I alternate hunting with two Equinox and once in a while with a Vortex. I also have a Phoenix that my grand daughter is going to use this year.
I am not going to change to any other bows.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I've seen a lot of the fastest stuff made fail to kill, but never seen an Excalibur that didn't. 9 years ago the second longest shot I ever made on a deer with archery equipment came with my old Exomax. 52 yards.

I watched her for over 20 minutes had her at 40 or so a couple times, but wasn't convinced she was calm, and had no clue I was their. But after that 20 minutes I was sure she was calm, and I knew that wide ole Max was dead on that 50 yard pin, so when she got where everything was perfect, on the left side of my climber rail, I settled it in and while she was browsing let her fly,,, watched her go down to the Spitfire 125 about 30 yards from where I hit her,,, game over!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I still hunt with a Vortex that is getting the job done.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I cheat today and use the 380 Matrix, my all time favorite. But wish I had my old Phoenix back, that was a sweet bow I shoulda kept.

But I've owned a bunch of Tenpoints, Scorpyds a Darton, Native a few Parkers, and one mission,, the only hooks still loaded in my cave have Excaliburs hang'n on em! The one constant in my inventory!

·
Registered
338 Posts
My old Vortex has been given a face-lift this past year. It'll still be killing deer for years yet.

I put a micro Featherlite stock on it (just needed a straight blade trigger). Added a 3D printed finger guard. Then an Optimizer we acquired with a Hawke fixed power scope. Then that was what had me figure out the adjustable cheek rest. Replaced the S5 rubber with Dr Stirrup bumpers.

And lastly I got the Charger EXT to work with it. It would also work if I were to put the factory thumbhole stock back on. I'll post those details on getting the Charger EXT to be long enough to work on an Exo in one of the Charger threads. Still works on my 308 Short and still retracts fully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts