Crossbow Nation banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Morning Team i ck'ed the pts tally on contest & were in 2nd place. Were just 95 pts behind, so were still in the running unless some last min surprises come in. Have to go to town today & get gen. gas & some food supplies.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Rained here yesterday and today. Should be clear tomorrow, low 30's in the morning. I'll be in the ladder stand before daylight!

·
952 Posts
Well guys this is just not my year. I am back sick again for the last four days and can hardly breath. My wife is a nurse and she checked my oxygen level last night and I am down to 90% when 97 to 98% is normal, I am usually at 98%. This is Not good!! Going to the docs again today!!! I need to get healed up ASAP because my season is over Jan 2, and I would like to get at least one for the team.

V

·
0 Posts
Take yer time get healed, i don't think fast gets it done. Sometimes things befall us & its tuff going. Heck you hunted you tried you posted to the Team, you can't make a deer come by when you want them to. Next season they may just over-run you by shear numbers!

·
Crazy Ol' Foole
2,497 Posts
Really Al, your health is far more important than any silly deer. Take care of yourself first, however long it takes.

With les than two weeks of season left, now it just needs to stop raining! I finally got my fencing project done, and have some wood cut (though I do need more), so with a lull in my work schedule I plan on getting out to tag one more. Don't know if I can add any more points to our total, but I'm going to try. Heck, I might even be tempted to try whacking some small game or preditors if any present themselves, just for the points.
:sword:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Zrt1200, your health comes first. Get well, we can always hunt next season. I've got to the end of January, so hopefully I can put some more points on the board for the team.

BB

·
952 Posts
Thanks Guys, I was back at the Docs today and will be back again tomorrow. He is giving me steroid shots, Breathing treatments, & antibiotics trying to keep my out of the hospital for the holidays. I have to say this stinks but I know my doc is trying. I guess I should have not pushed it when I was sick before because as soon as I could I was back out there. Lesson learned. I am not 30 any more and these shots in the butt hurts too!! The combo of the 3 are working as my oxygen is up to 94-95%, BP and heart rate is down some too, But I am still very whizzy and coughing about every 5 min. and I can feel my sinus's popping. If I get healed up before the end of the season I will see about going back out but after this I am not going to push it!! Guys last year I must have seen about 75 deer with in shooting range. This year about 20 in range and about 12 that I actually could have taking a shot at but they were yearlings and I wont shoot them. Thanks for the positive post guys as it is appreciated. Al

·
952 Posts
I hope every one had a great Christmas!!

V

·
0 Posts
Hope the same to all. Its sleeting here this morning i got up ready to go hunt. I hunted abit yesterday but seems my land is being over-run by dogs either ppl's or dumped but they're chasing all deer & squirrels. So my season has about hit a wall here. Will be after the Hog starting on Feb. 1st, so if'en i get a shot on one we will pick-up another 100 pts fer the Team.

·
952 Posts
Well guys I am feeling a lot better but still coughing a lot. All the drugs are making me feel like I want to go hunting but at this point I am just going to stay inside. If I feel good enough I might go out Dec 31 and Jan 1 to see if I can get one but we will see how I feel in a day or two.

V

·
0 Posts
Make sure yer up to snuff before getting out there. Past 2 days i have been over-run by dogs running the deer off my place. I got down at 8:30 am this morning disgusted! I moved here 3 yrs ago from Tn. because the dogs were so bad on my hunting land i couldn't stand it anymore & moved here. I took my ladder stand down & moved it 25 yds southeast to another big oak tree. It should work better & no deer should be going around behind me.I will get ladder stand up this week & locked up & start clearing some good shooting lanes.

V

·
0 Posts
I really have til Jan. 15th to deer hunt but being disgusted i have had it. If'en i do anymore hunting it will be with my 16 ga pumpgun & buckshot as we have real big squirrels on my place

·
Registered
535 Posts
Christmas was great, my son and daughter and their families were here!

Vixenmaster has it right Zrt1200, make sure you are ready before you go back out!

My son is here this week to hunt and this morning when I climbed up my ladder stand, still so dark I couldn't see well, and turned around to sit down I saw two four legged bodies moving about 80 yards out, put up my scope and realized it was two large dogs. They were behind a tree and started snarling and growling at me! :growl:

·
952 Posts
BB, I am glad you had a great Christmas and having family home is a special time especially as we get older. You and your son have fun and be safe out there. BB & VM, I really do not know how you guys put up with dogs being used for Deer hunting!! I would be pretty up set!! You guys need to get a hold of other bow hunters in your states and band together and see if your NRC will do some thing about it.

V

·
0 Posts
There is no deer hunting with dogs allowed here. Its either pets allowed to roam on other ppl's land or they have been dumped. Only one cure & its makes me sick to do it. I have 2 adoring little dogs that the Mrs & myself love.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Zrt, like VM there is no dog hunting allowed in the section of the county where we hunt. Most of these strays are what I call yard dogs that some folks just let run loose, no collar or rabies tag, etc.

Dog hunting is still allowed in a large number of the counties in Alabama, but I don't care for it. I've always thought those guys were either too lazy or just didn't know how to hunt!

·
952 Posts
Well guys my season is over. I feeling pretty good except for coughing about every 20 minutes now which is a whole lot better than before. As I look back at my season I started to second guess my self if I should have took a few shots but I am glad I did not take questionable shot as I would just hate to wound a deer so I am glad I did not. I would love to have this team all together again but it probable wont happen as they do a random drawings. BB & VM I will be routing for you guys. Just curious has any one ever herd from our 5th team member other than to say (HI I'm here)?? I will have to admit this has been a very different year with our weather. I can not remember so many days with 20 plus MPH winds and as warm as it was here. Last year by this time I had a foot of snow on the ground. This year we just got a cold snap with a light dusting. Best of luck hunting guys!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have not heard a word from the fifth member. Same team next contest would be super!

We have a front coming through, NW winds today were 15-25 mph with temp in 40's. Tonight will be in the teens with tomorrow's high in the low 30's and 8-15 mph wind with gusts. I'll probably wait until Wednesday to get out again since I don't have any ground blinds. Hopefully the winds will die down by then.

V

·
0 Posts
Twas 15 degrees n high winds & we went to town. Suppose to be 29 low tonite if'en the wind isn't over 10 mph i will go to my climbing stand & try it. Some of the Bucks are starting to drop their antlers! The 5th member never responded & i feel we had a 4 person Team. I see a Team or two ahead of us in the contest but thats life. Zrt1200 thar be times you just can't buy a shot, not to worry about it.

V

·
0 Posts
I had a pack of dogs come to me on my morning hunt that was ruined by other dogs about half hr earlier. Big black dog run up on me real close i had Miss Vixen shouldered, waiting to see how it would go down. I hollered real loud he stopped bared his fangs n growled & a catahoula cur stared snarlin & 4 others were barkin at me. I just kept hollerin & went towards them head on & they backed up & turned & started running off. Friends i have had that same stuff happen over in Tn. Thats it fer my deer hunting, i will tote my pump shotgun every time i leave the cabin loaded wid Buckshot couple pocket full!

201 - 220 of 250 Posts