Crossbow Nation banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well guys, today was the last day for me to deer hunt for the 2011-2012 season. Needless to say I didn't get a buck, maybe next contest. It would be nice to have the same members on the team next year.......maybe there could be 4 member teams next contest.

Thanks for the cold weather gear info Zrt. I'm still trying to decide which way to go.

VM, good luck with your hog hunt! I hope you get one.

·
952 Posts
Well guys, today was the last day for me to deer hunt for the 2011-2012 season. Needless to say I didn't get a buck, maybe next contest. It would be nice to have the same members on the team next year.......maybe there could be 4 member teams next contest.

Thanks for the cold weather gear info Zrt. I'm still trying to decide which way to go.

VM, good luck with your hog hunt! I hope you get one.
BB, It was nice having you on our team this year. I hope we end up on the same team next year. You are welcome on the cold weather gear info. I just need to get a good set of gloves/mittens and I should be styling for next season. I go in for my shoulder surgery in the morning so I should be in great shape for next year with a help from our lord!! Sorry you did not get that buck you were trying to get and I know what that is like. But we both got them with the rifle so we have venison. I just had venison yesterday for super and man that was good. Being I only got one deer this year I have to space out my venison meals. I was spoiled last year with 4 of them. We just finished our second bag of venison jerky as well. That is a big hit at our house. I have about 6lbs of jerky meat left so next month I will do up another batch. I will probably not be on here much for the next week so VM go get a nice fat hog!! And be safe hunting them!! Take care guys. When I am back on I will be typing with my left hand only so that will be weird!! Heck using the mouse with the left hand will be even more strange.

V

·
0 Posts
Hey Team i got 2 Hogs, one during a pour down thunderstorm & the 2nd abit before dark. So add another 100 pts to our total, we gave it a good run & we did all we could do. 334gr Spitfire tipped GTII arrow 16 yds pass-through abit over 200 lbs!

V

·
0 Posts
The arrow is just showing where i shot through the hog. Here is pic of my 2nd hog, didn't bother wid CB & me in it as only one can be scored

·
952 Posts
Great Job VM!! Glad to see you got to have some fun on your trip!! Was you in a tree stand during your thunderstorm or on the ground?? The way you rack em and stack em you make me look like a amuture!! Congrats!!

·
952 Posts
Hey guys, I stopped at a trading post today and they had wrangler insulated jeans(Blue & Brown). The guy there said he out sell's those 3 to 1 over long johns and are warmer. I did not see where it said how much thinsulate it had but I will check into it. Man, a pair of thinsulate jeans on top of long johns with bibs on over top should keep us old farts toasty warm even if it is zero out!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
How do you get into one of the teams for the 2014 deer season. Here in Maine it starts late
Sep or early Oct, and last 1 mo. In 2012 I shot a 11 pt buck that dressed at 221. Looking to do
it again this fall. I am definitely an old fart at 71. Whatever team would want me. I had a 200 lb
8 pt behind my treestand last fall but no shot. Think things will improve this year.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Downeaster said:
How do you get into one of the teams for the 2014 deer season. Here in Maine it starts late
Sep or early Oct, and last 1 mo. In 2012 I shot a 11 pt buck that dressed at 221. Looking to do
it again this fall. I am definitely an old fart at 71. Whatever team would want me. I had a 200 lb
8 pt behind my treestand last fall but no shot. Think things will improve this year.
I will make a new thread at the end of summer announcing the signups for the 2014-15 contest. It is open to all.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts