Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hunting and shooting the deer are comparatively easy for me. The more difficult part can be after the hunt: tracking the deer (comparatively easy - physically), getting the deer out, gutted/loaded and back home or to the processors can be the challenge, at least for me.
A friend had a doe in his sights the other day and was about to pull the trigger . Then it ran through his mind , I gotta drag it up the hill skinn it and work it up rite here at. Christmas’s. My wife is wrapping presents and she won’t like me makin the mess . So he passed it up . Didn’t blame him , he as much as killed it , only he didn’t have all the work after the kill . He has a bad heart too

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I understand the OP. I have been hoping I will be around for the next season for the last 3 years.
So far, so good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hunting and shooting the deer are comparatively easy for me. The more difficult part can be after the hunt: tracking the deer (comparatively easy - physically), getting the deer out, gutted/loaded and back home or to the processors can be the challenge, at least for me.
Last year was my 13 season using xbow and my problems is like yours. I have 5 stints in my heart and still took 9 deer last season but the problem starts at field dressing, wears me out. This last season had to get help to get a 9 point out of the woods. Hope you can make it this season and good luck.

·
5,628 Posts
Last year was my 13 season using xbow and my problems is like yours. I have 5 stints in my heart and still took 9 deer last season but the problem starts at field dressing, wears me out. This last season had to get help to get a 9 point out of the woods. Hope you can make it this season and good luck.
Leroy, thank you and the same to you. Fortunately, I think I’m in excellent physical shape. I don’t know whether the deer are heavier because I’m 72 or because I’m shooting larger deer.

This one was a pain to get out of the woods!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Leroy, thank you and the same to you. Fortunately, I think I’m in excellent physical shape. I don’t know whether the deer are heavier because I’m 72 or because I’m shooting larger deer.

This one was a pain to get out of the woods!

That’s a nice deer how much did he weigh

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yep....time is slipping up on me too. Hopefully the Good Lord will keep me healthy for years to come cause I still enjoy archery almost as much as I did when I began way back in the early 80's.:).
WOW! Bowman, you're da superman! If you started enjoying archery in your early 80's, you must be pushing "double 00" by now!;) Two years on from when Fletcher started this thread, puts you at 102.:D Hang in there, young fellow.:cool:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Lol man that is great . I hear that the old place is still closed up . Have some good memories from my visits there
My health keeps going down hill . If it keeps going like it is , I will be joining Mon Nd Dad in Heaven sooner than you would think . I’m ready , have Ben for a while , but , the Lord will take me in His time , not mine . I still own my restraunt in Malden . 41 years .

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
WOW! Bowman, you're da superman! If you started enjoying archery in your early 80's, you must be pushing "double 00" by now!;) Two years on from when Fletcher started this thread, puts you at 102.:D Hang in there, young fellow.:cool:
LOL....my post said "in THE early 80's"...not in MY early 80's.

:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I have warm gear as the cold weather here bothers a few old injuries and fingers don't move in cold. Ways around that like hand warmers. A friend hunts with a man in wheel chair. They have a Volkswagen in field that he wheels him to. He gets his deer.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts