Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if this has been posted i havnt seen it ----any info on that omega scope( ranger finder /video) saw it on tv the other night

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am glad you brought this to my attention.I just came from their website and i really like the idea of it.Im concerned that the LCD might be hard to see in certain conditions though.One other thing,why so cheap? I was thinking it was going to be like 1500 or better. At 399 it is worth trying out to me.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Any night vision setups with LCDs are going to be very tricky to use at close range. They simply are too bright for most xbow hunting situations. I have to hide the minimal light output from an ATN scope inside a ground blind at 30 yards from pigs, coons, coyotes. Stretch that out to 75 and 100 yards, it may be fine.

I searched for it and couldn't find this particular Omega setup but I've seen others that sound similar. If it's an add-on to your existing setup, the cost with your scope is as much as a decent dedicated IR Day/Night scope. Not sure this one is but may of these LCD varmint hunting systems are.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The video is on Omegasights.com
Its a stand alone style not an add on.Pretty neat setup but i am like you with concerns about the LCD.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
The video is on Omegasights.com
Its a stand alone style not an add on.Pretty neat setup but i am like you with concerns about the LCD.
So it's a "Day Use" only unit. OK.... It's video camera at the heart, with an integrated range finder and a brain. I looked through their FAQs and they don't seem to talk about how you load the ballistic info. for your weapon nor how you adjust focus on the camera (might be auto). Interesting but I'd have to see the screen in use, test it's accuracy, understand how it's programmed and know how long the battery life is to be sold on it's value.

·
Registered
138 Posts

In this video it says if you move the zoom, you have to re-sight weapon. I can see myself accidentally hitting the zoom button and being screwed.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
First I heard of it, pulled it up looks interesting, would like more info on it and reviews I wonder if you can sight it to different yardages and if so how far
"Within the sight, we have a superimposed adjustable MilDot Reticle for aiming purposes."

Still not sure how that works.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts

In this video it says if you move the zoom, you have to re-sight weapon. I can see myself accidentally hitting the zoom button and being screwed.
Having a fixed zoom is a bit of a downer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don’t like how the reticle moves (left, right, up, down) within the sight picture frame when zeroing either. But yes, it’s a start in the right direction.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So it's a "Day Use" only unit. OK.... It's video camera at the heart, with an integrated range finder and a brain. I looked through their FAQs and they don't seem to talk about how you load the ballistic info. for your weapon nor how you adjust focus on the camera (might be auto). Interesting but I'd have to see the screen in use, test it's accuracy, understand how it's programmed and know how long the battery life is to be sold on it's value.
Im in the same boat with the same questions about battery life and settings.I like the idea of an all in one package like this but they are very vague on details about use.I will wait til better info is out or i see one in use for sure.I believe it uses two button cell batteries also.Makes me think your not going to get to much run time.

·
8,890 Posts
Few thoughts:
#1. Terrible instructional video.
#2. So this thing doesn't automatically adjust your reticle to the distance to target displayed by the rangefinder like a Burris Eliminator scope?
#3. TX_RDX is spot on with lighting you up behind the optic. My RS64 is like a 10 lumen flashlight directly behind it. Sure you can't see the light if you're a deer or varmint; but you CAN see what the light is reflecting off! Which is you!...lol I actually keep the ocular end pressed against my chest and lean over to put it directly to my eye so as not to illuminate myself. You ever tap your smart phone in the dark?...lol How'd that make you feel in the treestand or blind?
#4. Zoom requires rezero-ing? That's just retarded.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm too old and too stupid to use that thing. My "Golden Years" are best served using the K.I.S.S. theory as a basis for most everything.
Yea,
2 buttons to push might just be too much for some. I guess the wife must operate the TV remote.LOL:)
Just kidding guys but I would like to see a thorough review from someone like Ramrod. I like the concept and see it as a good potential short range solution for those of us who don't shoot deer past 40 yards anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts