1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Let's Go BRANDON
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Wood

Wood Bumper Brick Gas Tints and shades

I'm just about finished building a stock for my wife's Axe340. I used 3 boards to make it. One piece of dyed curly maple in the center with 2 pieces of walnut on the outside. The stock needs a few coats of clear, more brass pins a cocking groove and it'll be finished. The stock is shown here mounted on my next project.

What about you guys? Any projects? Any experiments?
Wood Door Font Wood stain Tree
Wood Paint Tree Rectangle Wood stain

·
4,375 Posts
That is some very nice work! Well done!

My planned project was a hybrid micro with Middleton riser and rail that Burky cut for me down to 9.5” power stroke. One little problem…Glad I put it on the draw board first. Guess my choices are taking the reflex out of the riser, or cutting the rail back 1” ( draws 345# @ 8.5” with the riser as is. I have some nice English walnut for the stock. (y)

Wood Rectangle Gas Electrical wiring Wire
Bicycle accessory Measuring instrument Cable Gas Machine

·
Registered
BD330/Short308/Woodstock 345/370 /Micro BD335/TT 1,5lbs SingleStage
183 Posts
345lbs holy shit😄
The angle of the Riser looks like the Riser of a Matrix 405 or BD440. A Y-Riser.

Just today I thought about getting a new piece of wood from my carpenter. The winter holidays are coming and I would have enough time after Christmas until January.
I am happy that my project has inspired you! Now you are already making the second stock.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
View attachment 212306
View attachment 212307
I'm just about finished building a stock for my wife's Axe340. I used 3 boards to make it. One piece of dyed curly maple in the center with 2 pieces of walnut on the outside. The stock needs a few coats of clear, more brass pins a cocking groove and it'll be finished. The stock is shown here mounted on my next project.

What about you guys? Any projects? Any experiments? View attachment 212271 View attachment 212272
Looks fine, keep up your good work. Projects are nil for me, i just change a few things around on my crossbow to see if it works as a better mouse trap

Reactions: Oncebitten

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
That is some very nice work! Well done!

My planned project was a hybrid micro with Middleton riser and rail that Burky cut for me down to 9.5” power stroke. One little problem…Glad I put it on the draw board first. Guess my choices are taking the reflex out of the riser, or cutting the rail back 1” ( draws 345# @ 8.5” with the riser as is. I have some nice English walnut for the stock. (y)

View attachment 212313 View attachment 212314
Joe you are a much stronger man than me. I don't mind saying so, your going to reduce it, ok

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
That is nice! Love that curly maple.....

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Nice stock, I hope your wife likes it.
Is it not heavier than the original ?

I am occasionally working on my project, unfortunately too often interrupted by my dayjob.
A cross-over of a traditional European with a Chinese style crossbow, everything except the bow is selfmade.
The trigger mechanism and stock style is more Euopean, but the prod/bow is based on Chinese design style (the bow itself is Turkish style).
Prod is 54" wide, draw weight is 55#, and powerstroke is about 24" (30" - 6").
No stirrup needed for this design.

·
Registered
Let's Go BRANDON
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice stock, I hope your wife likes it.
Is it not heavier than the original ?

I am occasionally working on my project, unfortunately too often interrupted by my dayjob.
A cross-over of a traditional European with a Chinese style crossbow, everything except the bow is selfmade.
The trigger mechanism and stock style is more Euopean, but the prod/bow is based on Chinese design style (the bow itself is Turkish style).
Prod is 54" wide, draw weight is 55#, and powerstroke is about 24" (30" - 6").
No stirrup needed for this design.
Its actually close to 1/2lb lighter than the factory stock. 1.75lb vs the original which was 2.2lbs. I drilled 3/4" holes in the center piece to cut weight. On my Micro 360 project it brings the total weight to 7lbs. I've decided to keep it on the Micro project bow. Today I put a coat of spar varnish on it and im pretty proud of how it came out. Still need a few more coats and sling mounts.

Im going to make my wife a Bullpup stock for her Axe. My Lil Bd308 fits her better than it does me. Going to have the Axe trigger relocated and build her a Bullpup style stock with a curly maple stock blank I bought a while back. That'sa project for January though.
WB have you got any pics of your crossover bow? Would be interested in checking it out if you did.
Take care and be well
Oncebitten

1 - 16 of 16 Posts