Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The lady's smile matches the width of antlers!!! Congrats to her, if she took it???? !!!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Yup she's a teenager and you need a rifle I mean Ravin (is there a difference) to kill deer. Gotta love it!

·
11,423 Posts
My Ravin R26 is detuned to 354 FPS and my Micro recurve is shooting 265 FPS. Neither one shoots bullets......just so you know.:rolleyes:

·
11,423 Posts
Robert, let us know what caliber you are shooting and whether hollow points or not :giggle:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats to her, even with a slow xbow lol. I would be smiling too with a buck like that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beautiful deer. Love antlers in velvet.

Looks like the buck was very impressed with the Excalibur. Love the beaming smile on the young hunter. Where was it taken?

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
My Ravin R26 is detuned to 354 FPS and my Micro recurve is shooting 265 FPS. Neither one shoots bullets......just so you know.:rolleyes:
All my bows shoot arrows. I don't know Moon I read the advertisement from Ravin and it claimed yours is a rifle. When Ioad low loads (tune it down) my rifle is still a rifle.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Congrats on the kill nice buck and crossbow. Great picture!

·
9,008 Posts
Come on now. Can't have 2 old guys throwing their dentures at each other while hanging on to their walkers.
Nice deer!
I'll have … you know I was 5 hours hanging on a 21' pole saw yesterday in 90° heat pruning shooting lanes out to 120 yards to prepare for shotgun season in November. That included 7 trips up the tree to mentally mark the branches that had to be removed. Some as thick as 6" that took over 200 strokes of the Silky Hayauchi saw to drop. Then setup a feeder and hauled 250lbs of bait to fill it. Toss in setup of a camera and some weed whacking for bow season that starts in 10 days. You old guys ever use a 20' pole saw? Tip it a few degrees and it takes all your strength to keep it from falling over. And when it's fully extended it's flexible as a snake so you have to push it forward three times as hard as you stroke to keep it in the cut. Quite an upper body workout. Legs got quite a workout too with all the foot placement changes and dragging branches.

Feel pretty good this morning though. Actually lost 1/2lb this morning.:p

I will admit that I've finally wrapped my mind around the idea of being old though...lol I just don't know what old is supposed to be like yet. ;)

That monster buck stumbled into his death. He was sashaying along when he came across the stunning innocent looking teenage girl and stood there mesmerized trying to figure out what she was doing in the woods. He didn't notice that recurve crossbow because it didn't register as alarming in his subconscious during his conjecture. Princess von hunter unceremoniously killed and ate him; then mounted his head on a plaque. :)(y)

The lesson here is "stealth." Like the new generation of fighter/bomber jets, stealth is sometimes more important than speed. In some cases a recurve might fly under a deer's radar whereas a 450fps crossbow would set off all the deer's survival alarms. Score one for the inferior crossbow platform.:unsure::p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts