Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just going to say no. Here i set this morning with a friends bow. Thats shooting like crap. I offered him a bow all set up nice scope great arrows i was going to sight in and set up. But for some reason he bit into the hipe bought a kit bow. Now i got to try and spline tune his arrows strip and refletch his arrows. He has a heavy lighted nock and wants to shoot a 100gr broadhead FOC is way off. Scope is without question the worst i have ever looked through. I told him yesterday evening you got 30 mins of hunting light left and i just can see the target now. I offered him a nice scope and he was on his phone looking up scopes.

These pro shops and factory advertising marketing strategies are working.
I'm pretty sure i'm retiring from Bow smithing after this. If i can even get it to shoot.

·
9,052 Posts
"Stupid is … as stupid does." He may be your buddy, but he's not the sharpest knife in the draw. 😂

The guy didn't follow your advice? And YOU'RE the guy suffering the consequences?...lol A guy once said to me "Don't make your problems my problem." Good advice. Particularly when it comes to lending stuff out … like money. Most of the time I head off the BS by foreseeing someone else's disaster coming and avoid getting sucked into it. But, not always...lol

·
Crossbow Nut
3,104 Posts
No good deed will go unpunished.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I disagree ... unless you mean the people around that one.
It seems, life looks pretty easy if you are really stupid. And don't realize it.
I have often thought about that myself.
Act dumb and no one will bother you!
:)

·
9,052 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Joe I end up helping out a good many friends also each year with their bows and crossbows. I've been fortunate most of them listen because the majority of them don't want to put in the effort to really know how everything comes together. I can say I do like to see them happy when they leave and they actually can hit a bulls eye with their broadheads.

·
9,052 Posts
I learned … long ago not to fight with people to get them to do things correctly; nor to do the right thing. If you have skills, experience and knowledge in an area and someone asks for help or advice, then does whatever they want, I just walk away, back away, lettem be. I won't invest any additional time and effort with people who won't listen. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it." If I lead someone to proficiency in some area, and they go their own way, they can die of thirst. :) Once in a while you see it around here. You get a newbie asking questions and you fill them in on something you have serious knowledge of, expertise if you want to call it that. Then they blow you off disrespectfully? DTM immediately...lol

Now dear friends and family get a lot more patience, but it ain't endless patience...lol😂

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Joe , i new you could do it ,LOL.
Good on you , archers helping archers even though they do not share your passion !!

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Good deal! Now he cant blame you when he MISSES! Ha!!:):):)

Reactions: rt2bowhunter
1 - 19 of 19 Posts