Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working around the house this new year,getting rid of stuff we no longer use. Cleaning things up,organizing etc...

I made a table out of a old futon bed about a year ago for the wife. What was left of the bed has been sitting in the garage getting in my way ever since. I didn't want to just throw it out because it is some nice wood. I just hadn't thought of a good use for it.

Well early this after noon I decide to make a table out of the arms for my work area in the basement. Very simple. Just cut a couple of pieces of plywood and threw it together.Just a place to put things.
20190105_204652.jpg

I still had plenty of wood left and started thinking of what I could make. Then one thing led to another and I came up with this. Pretty happy with it. Sort of modeled it after my PVC holder. Works great and holds all of my bows. I only have 6 holes for arrows now but I can always drill more later if I want across the back. The bonus is I no longer have wood in the garage getting in my way:D

20190106_005225.jpg
20190106_005144.jpg
20190106_005156.jpg
20190106_004024.jpg
20190106_004241.jpg
20190106_004450.jpg
20190106_004732.jpg
20190106_004957.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been working around the house this new year,getting rid of stuff we no longer use. Cleaning things up,organizing etc...

I made a table out of a old futon bed about a year ago for the wife. What was left of the bed has been sitting in the garage getting in my way ever since. I didn't want to just throw it out because it is some nice wood. I just hadn't thought of a good use for it.

Well early this after noon I decide to make a table out of the arms for my work area in the basement. Very simple. Just cut a couple of pieces of plywood and threw it together.Just a place to put things. View attachment 138656

I still had plenty of wood left and started thinking of what I could make. Then one thing led to another and I came up with this. Pretty happy with it. Sort of modeled it after my PVC holder. Works great and holds all of my bows. I only have 6 holes for arrows now but I can always drill more later if I want across the back. The bonus is I no longer have wood in the garage getting in my way:D

View attachment 138654 View attachment 138658 View attachment 138660 View attachment 138662 View attachment 138664 View attachment 138666 View attachment 138668 View attachment 138670
Has anyone commissioned you for your next project, that it straight class brother!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just shows to confirm ,, One's man junk is another mans Treasure ..

Looks Good indeed ,,

TS2

·
Registered
526 Posts

Well early this after noon I decide to make a table out of the arms for my work area in the basement. Very simple. Just cut a couple of pieces of plywood and threw it together.Just a place to put things. View attachment 138656

View attachment 138654 View attachment 138658 View attachment 138660 View attachment 138662 View attachment 138664 View attachment 138666 View attachment 138668 View attachment 138670
Good stuff! When are they going up for sale? :p

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.No selling here and yes the wife has commissioned me:rolleyes::eek:

As far as the "One mans junk is another man treasure" comment goes. What started out as a $5 garage sale futon bed frame. For the spare bedroom she wanted.That I begrudgingly had to go get the truck for. Turned out pretty good since we never could find a mattress for it:D The first table turned out ok. $5 for all three items and I'm happy. It did take some work though. Here's the first table she wanted.I still haven't got around to touching up the stain and filling the nail holes on it but she hasn't noticed:eek::D:D
20190106_103127.jpg

Reactions: Tnmtns and john g23

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Paul, these pics cannot get out to my wife per my basement. Lol

Great work buddy. Quite imoressive.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Really like the concept, need to make one myself...

Reactions: Stalker

·
Registered
13,737 Posts
Youre quite the handyman Stalker. That's some nice work.:)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mr. Crafty strikes again. Target stands, roofs and sheds for targets, tables, bow holders, all with scrap. Pretty darn impressive for a country boy. Can’t show the wife or she’ll put me to work.

·
9,736 Posts

As far as the "One mans junk is another man treasure" comment goes. What started out as a $5 garage sale futon bed frame. For the spare bedroom she wanted.That I begrudgingly had to go get the truck for. Turned out pretty good since we never could find a mattress for it:D The first table turned out ok. $5 for all three items and I'm happy. It did take some work though. Here's the first table she wanted.I still haven't got around to touching up the stain and filling the nail holes on it but she hasn't noticed:eek::D:D View attachment 138698
She noticed … trust me … LOL She just knows it's not worth hammering you on it. But, someday a comment will float out revealing it annoys her. That stuff accumulates in their extra memory cells too. God gave men direction finding and tracking brain cells that weren't needed for stay at home cave women. Alas, he had this extra room in their brains … so in a moment of farcical humor he used that space for extra memory banks. He now has an endless daily supply of comedy routines to amuse him. Largely supplied by guys like you and me relating to our Sheila's … who have longer & more accurate memories. :p;)

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek:
She noticed … trust me … LOL She just knows it's not worth hammering you on it. But, someday a comment will float out revealing it annoys her. That stuff accumulates in their extra memory cells too. God gave men direction finding and tracking brain cells that weren't needed for stay at home cave women. Alas, he had this extra room in their brains … so in a moment of farcical humor he used that space for extra memory banks. He now has an endless daily supply of comedy routines to amuse him. Largely supplied by guys like you and me relating to our Sheila's … who have longer & more accurate memories. :p;)

Only because I pointed it out to her. "Her reply was oh who cares!":D My reply was."I do". It looks a lot worse in the pic than in person though.Especially in the usually dark corner where it sits. I am far more detail oriented and anal about things like that than she.

I do know what you speak of however! Mine has different memory banks than most though:D. She can remember line for line what was said in a movie 25 years ago like she studied the lines for the part. But cant remember where she left her shoes or what I said 2days ago! Or maybe its selective memory.

But just to be safe I'm going to get right on those nail holes and stain touch up just in case!:D

·
Registered
130 Posts

As far as the "One mans junk is another man treasure" comment goes. What started out as a $5 garage sale futon bed frame. For the spare bedroom she wanted.That I begrudgingly had to go get the truck for. Turned out pretty good since we never could find a mattress for it:D The first table turned out ok. $5 for all three items and I'm happy. It did take some work though. Here's the first table she wanted.I still haven't got around to touching up the stain and filling the nail holes on it but she hasn't noticed:eek::D:D View attachment 138698
what is that odd looking thing on the table.......lol

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Nice work !!
Great when you can make something out of nothing , you did just that , Kudos !!!!!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Nice job! I will not be letting my wife see this. I will continue to wrestle stuff in and out of my truck and then do it again to go to the dump.

·
9,736 Posts
:eek:

Only because I pointed it out to her. "Her reply was oh who cares!":D My reply was."I do". It looks a lot worse in the pic than in person though.Especially in the usually dark corner where it sits. I am far more detail oriented and anal about things like that than she.

I do know what you speak of however! Mine has different memory banks than most though:D. She can remember line for line what was said in a movie 25 years ago like she studied the lines for the part. But cant remember where she left her shoes or what I said 2days ago! Or maybe its selective memory.

But just to be safe I'm going to get right on those nail holes and stain touch up just in case!:D
I know ... what you say about photos. I remember the horror of viewing a photo I took of something in front of the back door in a house I lived in 40 years ago. There was an exterior window I had installed … "but never trimmed," and then forgot about to the point of it becoming part of the landscape ...lol The photo was a rude awakening...lol Trimmed that window the following week. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts