Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title itself is kind of funny, who isn't "online" anymore. Anyway, I wanted to share my experience with Northwoods Outlet in Michigan. I have no affiliation with them, no incentive to write this other than it's the right thing to do when people do the right thing.

Couple weeks ago I ordered a brand X bow. Not going to mention the manufacture because some people I have spoken to own this model and seem to like it very much and don't want to spoil that. Myself, I had much concern about the design and longevity of the bow. I shot it 20-25 times and it was disappointing to me.

The next day I called Jim, the crossbow manager at NWO, and explained my concerns. He fully understood my concerns and offered to either exchange with another brand or refund my money. This is after I read the terms and conditions of the purchase stating NO refunds or returns on crossbows. WOW, thinking to myself. this guy is all about the customers satisfaction. He told me to take whatever time I needed to decide then give him a call back. I then called him back and decided to go with the WR M370. Was it more money? Yes, but reviews said it was the type of bow I was looking for. I wanted something that my grandson could cock and begin to enjoy what we do. The Acudraw permits that.

I received the replacement the very next day as I was shipping back brand X. I then received a call yesterday form another employee, Stacey, asking if everything worked out and if I was happy with the replacement choice. What??? A follow up call from a retailer asking if I'm happy with my purchase. I was flabbergasted to think she called me to insure all was well.

Not saying there is not other retailers that won't step up and do the right thing. I am only sharing my experience with NWO. I guess at times I fall into the dun-drum of complaining about poor service and forget to take the time to write when I get stellar service. Shame on me, this was the right thing to write about.
Have a great Sunday and be safe,
FD

·
8,844 Posts
Beautiful! ...

Reactions: jac63 and dynamo61

·
Registered
906 Posts
Have only made one purchase from there but it was absolutely flawless. Sounds like they are equally as willing to stand behind the purchase as they were to make it perfect from the start. Good for them and a well deserved attaboy.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Sounds like a stand-up company, thanks for sharing with us, Farm Deer.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I was also impressed when I made my purchase from them by both the CS and the price I received. I will definitely do business with them in the future.

·
Registered
325 Posts
They are about an hour north of me. Been to the store once. Planning on heading back up there in a couple of weeks. The store is unbelievably packed with anything and everything you can want for hunting and fishing. Great prices also!

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
That is genuine concern there. Thanks for sharing....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts