Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that Terry Williams brings absolutely nothing constructive to this forum. I say he should be booted and not allowed to participate here anymore

What say you????

·
11,412 Posts
If he happened to be pro crossbow

on other sites like the pitiful Bowsite he would be banned but that's UL's decision. I agree he adds nothing positive to a crossbow forum.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Opinion

At the beginning during terrys first few post I wanted to give him every opportunity to be a member who would contribute useful and pertinent information and gain same.
After the last few post I see that is not happening in fact he has become a distraction to other members of this site.
His post are not what this web site is about,as stated below on the first page of our site.If members can not abide by the sites purpose,there should be consequences.

This site has been developed to unite and support crossbow enthusiasts worldwide by offering a site dedicated to preserving and promoting the sport of crossbow hunting and shooting.

·
2,811 Posts
I agree 100%, after lying to DJH like he did to get into the ACF shows he is up to no good, nothing but TROUBLE..

·
665 Posts
Ban Ban

He is doing the same thing on michigan sportsman

but he is just as out spoken on that site

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
To ban?

I feel to do so would make us no better than the boards that are run by the anti crossbow crowds. Just the mention of the C word gets your posts deleted. And if you actually get to the point where you can start posting facts and figures that discredit their views they ban you.
Do we want to be a one sided crossbow waving mob that shuts them out like they shut us out? It is my opinion we don't need a preemptive strike on any member based on what we think we know about that member. If they screw up? The delete button is just a couple of mouse clicks away.

It is our duty educate these people not close our minds and doors in their face like they do to us.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
buckeye dan said:
I feel to do so would make us no better than the boards that are run by the anti crossbow crowds. Just the mention of the C word gets your posts deleted. And if you actually get to the point where you can start posting facts and figures that discredit their views they ban you.
Do we want to be a one sided crossbow waving mob that shuts them out like they shut us out? It is my opinion we don't need a preemptive strike on any member based on what we think we know about that member. If they screw up? The delete button is just a couple of mouse clicks away.

It is our duty educate these people not close our minds and doors in their face like they do to us.
Well, 1st off it's not up to us to decide. He hasn't really violated any forum rules, tweaked a few maybe, but don't we all? Besides, he's one of those unique individuals that has the ability to constantly out do himself....

Truth be told, I was mortified when they yanked my thread welcoming him to the ACF on the other site. Yes, it was a blatant attempt to expose the lengths these guys will go to just to further their short sighted agenda.

However, when I saw the thread he started here to become a mod, that was it.

I've read alot on the other site and posted a little. The MBH dictating disability provisions in Mi has been compared to the fox guarding the hen house. As an old farm boy, I can tell you there's worse things than that. You see, a fox will only grab a chicken every few days to eat it. Now, if you get a weasel in the hen house, you're outta chickens real fast. They will killl them just for the thrill. Fill in your own blanks. Many pro xbowers have been banned from that site named bowsite. Wouldn't want to stoop to their level.

Just don't want Terry to get that warm fuzzy feeling here while attempting to pull the wool over our eyes. And make no mistake, pull it he would.

·
1,426 Posts
I take this opportunity to apologize for joking about this .. I did not intend to disrupt anything..
I do think that one can disrupt only as much as he is allowed to disrupt... when I see something I do not want to see I disregard it...
dk

·
1,222 Posts
Ok...so tell me...the uninformed...who is the Terry Williams dude that everyone seems to "dislike"?

Mike

·
287 Posts
I am very new here but I know some of the members and have allot of respect for them.
I do not know this Terry Williams but I can tell you he wont steal my joy.
The ones that go to other sites just to stir the pot so to speak are only proving that they are losing ground in their legal attempts to have their will be done and deny others a choice so they have to start throwing bricks at othersthrough the back door.No words from him or anyone else will sway my love of the crossbow or any other weapon.If he has done something to be banned for then BAN HIM.
If not,bring it on friend.I support your right to have a different opinion and to not shoot the crossbow,you are truly missing out on a real thrill as you shoot and hunt with this bow,and thats all it is friend,a bow,If you disagree then take one to a gun fight and let me know how it turns out.I also welcome a healthy,friendly debate with you or anyone else who would deny me my right at anytime.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Paid ACF Member through 2011

·
72 Posts
Ban? NO!

If this person breaks defined rules of this forum, then I say 100% boot him. However, if he merely takes the position of the other side--even though he attacks it aggressively and frequently, let him stay. I would not want to be painted with the same brush as the folks as some other forums that arbitrarily delete any pro-crossbow dialogs.

I post often on another forum under the same screen name. I argue hard and and with one purpose: to win. Saying that, I know the limits of fair ands civil discourse and make sure that my words are chosen carefully.

I can speak firsthand to the subject of being banned. I gotta tell ya, it sucks!
I had to eat a lot of crow to get back into the good graces of the site's owner. I keep reminding myself that I'm a visitor there, so I chose my words very cautiously.

That stated, by banning a person merely on the basis that they oppose your point of view, you, in fact, have become one of them. Thomas Aquinas once said: "Beware the man of one book." Think about it. :)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Mike,
This boy Terry Williams, Stinger 171 and one more on here, not important enough for me to remember right now, are members of the Michigan Bow Hunters Association. Terry is supposed to be a ranking officer within that organization. Who knows, and who here cares, really. They are anti Crossbow. Anti Hunters wanting crossbows to go away and be denied within the archery season in Michigan. They are trying to have a voice in the politics of Michigan, by claiming the membership represents all bow shooters with crossbows not being archery equipment. Hence no representation from the "all bow hunters" club. Anti Hunters. Panty hunters, whatever. The battle is ongoing in the state of Michigan right now, so they're shopping for harmful information to help their cause. Also here to do a little intimidation. Play games with you and the other members. Like I said before, like three teen age boys going to toilet paper a home for their personal pleasure. Same mentality.

Look here. I can tell you that this boy and his cronies are not here to learn or listen. They are here for one thing, and one thing only. They've already done the debates with proper advocates, and language. That is still not why they are here. They are here to start trouble for the most vunerable of this membership and to learn who's who for other sites. They are looking for the weaknesses of the crossbow and it's shooters, to be able and add any new harmful information collected to their states fight.
I you think for one minute, talking to him about your views, and providing the proper information, you're wasting your time because these boys have already been there, and done that. They don't want to listen and debate because it's a debate they cannot win. They know that. You aren't going to change their minds on how they view crossbow, and those of us who shoot them and accept them. Like Terry stated, they were here to have some fun. To anger the members here and be able and laugh at you, and to try and collect any harmful information to use against you. DO NOT make them comfortable with visiting here. The more comfortable yo make it for them, the longer they will be hanging around. Period. They are here only for the purpose of doing no good to you or your fellow crossbow enthusiast. These are not at all nice and normal thinking boys. Make no mistake.
I realize several of the members on here don't have the experience with these Bow Hunting Association members when you think a civil debate will do anything for you or the other members, or your cause. If they are merely a member of a bow hunting association, you may have a chance at civility, but if they are an officer, throw them to the curb as fast as you can! They have been doing this for a long, long time already. They are here "for fun" just to mess with you. That is all. Of course, a few laughs a your expense at the archery range and other sites.
So, clean house anyway you can. We don't need them here and we don't want them here, starting trouble. If you think they are civil and you want to debate them, just go to another site and try to have a civil debate and see for yourself what happens. You don't have to believe anything I tell you. Go find out first hand. See if you don't get upset.
I know I do and say things not like my normal self,and I do stoop, but if it gets them gone faster, I'll play. All it takes is some provokation and they'll have to go before they can say what they're thinking. If they say it, then we all win when they get banned. SO far, Terry has done well holding his temper. I'm laughing at him now, not him and his cronies laughing at me. I'd much rather anger him, than he anger me or anyone of the members here. Your not dealing with normal people who have common sense. Your dealing with very immature boys who like to "have fun" by messing with others. Not a normal mentality like some members here assume. They will ignore the facts. They already know the facts. Get the rope!

·
11,412 Posts
Yep

Let them argue their points on THEIR sites. Ban their silly asses and keep this and other pro crossbow sites for the purposes they were designed for....pomoting crossbows, not tearing them down.

·
665 Posts
Did i mention this is My new favorite Site:party:;)

·
38 Posts
I thought this site was for discussing the tips and techniques for becoming better crossbow archers, not for debating the "are crossbows archery?" issues.
I'd have to say warn any member who posts and anti-crossbow remark on their first offense, and ban them on their second!
This shouldn't be a forum to debate the legal status of crossbows in archery seasons, we already know crossbows ARE a form of archery!
There are times that certain people (often public officials) need to be contacted to inform them of the facts and truth (crossbows ARE a form of archery), and those posts should be welcomed, but making inflammatory anti-crossbow remarks should NOT be tolerated!

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
You are right about the reasons behind this site. But I don't think I would be any better than the "other sites" if I started banning people for expressing their viewpoints. I had a chance to talk to Terry on the phone and while he is definitely still anti crossbow, he did admit by reading some of the other threads on the site, he could appreciate them in certain situations. If anything, it got him to think about the crossbow a little bit. That's what this site is truly intended for. Educating the uneducated about the crossbow. Many of the antis are antis because they just don't know the facts.
I don't think I ever came close to banning Terry. Sure I didn't agree with him but I let him plead his case. In the end, all things are back to normal, and if anything, he has learned a little about our sport. A positive in my book.

·
665 Posts
wabi said:
I thought this site was for discussing the tips and techniques for becoming better crossbow archers, not for debating the "are crossbows archery?" issues.
I'd have to say warn any member who posts and anti-crossbow remark on their first offense, and ban them on their second!
This shouldn't be a forum to debate the legal status of crossbows in archery seasons, we already know crossbows ARE a form of archery!
There are times that certain people (often public officials) need to be contacted to inform them of the facts and truth (crossbows ARE a form of archery), and those posts should be welcomed, but making inflammatory anti-crossbow remarks should NOT be tolerated!
Well said

thank you for sharing:cheers2:

·
665 Posts
Urban Legend said:
You are right about the reasons behind this site. But I don't think I would be any better than the "other sites" if I started banning people for expressing their viewpoints. I had a chance to talk to Terry on the phone and while he is definitely still anti crossbow, he did admit by reading some of the other threads on the site, he could appreciate them in certain situations. If anything, it got him to think about the crossbow a little bit. That's what this site is truly intended for. Educating the uneducated about the crossbow. Many of the antis are antis because they just don't know the facts.
I don't think I ever came close to banning Terry. Sure I didn't agree with him but I let him plead his case. In the end, all things are back to normal, and if anything, he has learned a little about our sport. A positive in my book.
and that is why this is the better site. instead of scolding him you talked to him, that make you a better site owner

My hats off to my friend

1 - 20 of 31 Posts