Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Let's see...........My post triggered damning B/C & Pope and Young for the evils they represent, expensive car choices, baseball scandals, and the demise of the tv series Miami Vice. I'm waiting for Big Foot sightings to be mentioned, and that Frankenstein was a real person who was hunted down because he preferred TenPoint over Ravin crossbows. LOL! I kinda feel that I need to apologize to someone!

Ya, please don't tell my Wife that.
She forever talks to herself.
At least I think she is???
馃槆
Me Irish ... m谩thair once told me "don't be trusten abody that doesn't talk to themselves." ;)
Product Gold Font Circle Petal

Registered
Let's see...........My post triggered damning B/C & Pope and Young for the evils they represent, expensive car choices, baseball scandals, and the demise of the tv series Miami Vice. I'm waiting for Big Foot sightings to be mentioned, and that Frankenstein was a real person who was hunted down because he preferred TenPoint over Ravin crossbows. LOL! I kinda feel that I need to apologize to someone!
Apology accepted! Do you feel better now? :unsure:

Premium Member
We haven't talked about feet/shoes/socks yet, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: dynamo61

Font Hat Wrinkle Screenshot Eyelash
:p馃槀;)

Reactions: LonewolfMcquade

Don鈥檛 read in too much concerning some answers, such as 鈥渄amning expensive car choices鈥. I just made an observation. I have owned BMWs, Lexuses and no Priuses. I would have had more money if it were reversed but would not change history.
I almost bought another BMW ,鈥漦eep for life M135鈥 , but what the salesman said stopped me and I got a Civic Si. I鈥檒l explain later.

Registered
Often times these discussions are started by new shooters who are concerned with making the correct choice in scoping their new crossbow. I think what is most important is to ask yourself first, "What do i want to do with this new crossbow set up?"

When I go deer hunting, unlike when I go out hunting about anything else, or when I go fishing, I go out with the intent to kill something. I usually have in mind what I want to kill, and I certainly pass on a lot of deer because they are not what I want right then, whether or not I could articulate a reason why.

I am very strongly of the opinion that I, me alone, am in need of a lot of insurance in the form of my equipment to be able to kill a deer I want when I want to kill it, and how I want to kill it. I really dislike intensely having to pass on one I want because I just cannot kill it due to my gear. Doesn't make the least bit of difference to me whether it's a fawn or a big deer.

Scopes with extreme brightness and a reticle designed for extremely low light conditions are all expensive. When I buy one I do so knowing I am buying insurance against my own weakness. Similarly, my bows and rifles heave to provide the same kind of insurance against my infirmity. If I could hold an inch off hand at 100 yards I might be able to relax my standards for what the rifle must hold. When I pull the trigger the bullet or arrow has to go that close to where I want it. Bambi can and does jump the string and dick up the intended placement of my arrow so I just shorten my max length shot to the point where if Bambi jumps it's too late, the arrow has already gone through.

I use scopes that will provide a good sight picture far beyond legal shooting hours because they buy me the insurance that if I decide to shoot a deer underneath really heavy cover I can do so as well as out in the open. Half an hour after sunset it can get pretty dark in open woods. It can get as dark as 2 AM ever gets underneath really heavy canopy. Not being able to handle that to the point I can execute the shot perfectly or maybe god forbid that I shoot the wrong deer, or shoot one poorly is just something that is not in me to tolerate.

Registered
While i truly respect what the BC. Club was trying to accomplish. I bet the Founding members wouldn't still be shooting what they were Back then or Driving a Model T Ford now. Then again Maybe they Would...to each there Own....within the Law..!!

I think this is a great thread for July. Shows where peoples heads are at in the summer while we wait for hunting season. ;)

Don鈥檛 read in too much concerning some answers, such as 鈥渄amning expensive car choices鈥. I just made an observation. I have owned BMWs, Lexuses and no Priuses. I would have had more money if it were reversed but would not change history.
I almost bought another BMW ,鈥漦eep for life M135鈥 , but what the salesman said stopped me and I got a Civic Si. I鈥檒l explain later.
Reminds me ... of the time my German wife and I went out looking at Lincolns and wound up buying a new diesel Volkswagen Rabbit ...lol It was 1974 if I recall and the first "gas crisis" probably triggered the weird illogical segue. Lord, that Rabbit was so underpowered that it couldn't get out of it's own way. If a car was EVER more inappropriately named I'd be surprised. :rolleyes: :oops: "Volkswagen Sloth" would have been more apropos. 馃槀

21 - 40 of 84 Posts