Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I try to use a optimizer no matter what bow some worse then others I run into problems. Either run out of adjustment, scope wont hold zero inch left 2 inch right center then low, tape will be off at longer ranges try a different tape then it messes it up at close range, or something always happens. Why do I always struggle getting these things zeroed...? Anyone tell me the secret to this thing? I like the setup but man these things make me want to pull my hair out.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I used one a few times. Sorry, I had no problems. I never cared much for long range shooting, so inside 60 yards was all I worried about.
I decided to go with red dot and use hold over/under as necessary. My optimizer is in the drawer.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I have two crossbows set up with the HHA Optimizer. Make sure the HHA Optiizer and the scope fit properly in
the picatinny rail grooves. Sometimes the scope rings have to be shifted a bit to properly line up.

If you switch arrow-point combinations you will have to sight in for those as your speed in feet per second
will be different. The same applies if you switch bows as their draw weight and speed can be different. Tuning
will effect change.
I do a lot of target shooting, so I carry a log book and mark the sight numbers per what ever arrow-point combination
I use and distance. This way I can use the same sight tape all the time. I set small traffic cones out every 10 yards.

Adding a level bubble on the crossbow will show whether one is tilting or canting the crossbow. The thickness of a line
on the bubble will make a difference the farther one shoots. A good rest makes a big difference as well as looking dead
center through the scope. I use rifle scopes that have the side parallax adjustment. Mine can be set down to 10 yards.

If you are using a rope cocker, with the crossbow in the uncocked position, mark the bowstring on each side of the rail-stock
with white out. When the bow is cocked these marks should be equidistant from the rail-stock or arrow groove. Sometimes
as one cocks the crossbow, one may pull a bit harder on one side. This off sets the center of the serving in the arrow-latch
area and changes the cam timing a bit.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I never had any issues with Optimizers. Left right issues you are having may be canting or timing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts