Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems sighting in the Oracle X on my Ravin R29, it will not hold zero, it will be dead on, the next time I shoot it, it's off and I have to start all over. the scope will move when I hold the bow down I can rotate the scope back and forth but it moves back when I let it go. I can not feel any up and down movement. I replaced the rest (grabbing at straws) I took the scope off and made sure everything is tight. I had it all sighed in at 20 yesterday, I'm going to shoot today to see if its still on. I really want this scope to work out, it is torqued 70in pounds to my rail.

Update as of today
its holding zero now, my confidence is not there with it, (history) I can still rock the scope while it's mounted, I'm wondering if anyone else has movement? I will shoot again in a little bit.

I may call Burris because another member Rit is having a similar problem (he has a thread going called Accuracy problem) and is sending his back, I don't want to say my scope is loose but I can get it to rock a little, this doesn't seem right. If others could check there's I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have submitted a case to Burris.

Feed back from others that own one and have it mounted would be great! If you twist the scope does it move?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Issues like this is why I decided to cancel my order and wait it out. It's a heck of an idea,but I wanted the bugs worked out before I took the plunge!

I wonder if there is movement where the elevation dial connects to scope causing some play?

Reactions: Lettem Walk

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Do you have the locking screw tight? Maybe it worked loose shooting it?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's tight..I have double and triple check everything...

Fyi to everyone I shot mine so much that the battery door flew off and luckily landed in my lap. So check them from time to time.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
It's tight..I have double and triple check everything...

Fyi to everyone I shot mine so much that the battery door flew off and luckily landed in my lap. So check them from time to time.
Well, let us know what Burris has to say please. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
waiting for WWB to jump in.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just shot again and it's holding zero. It does rock still.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
No issue of movement on mine and it's from the fist batch out of Burris.

Reactions: trailcamguy

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
It's good to hear they have no movement. We might have got a bad run of them.

·
710 Posts
Double-check your crossbow for loose bolts in the trigger housing also.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 68 Posts