Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
oh boy..here we go.

I will hold out again.....for the next model.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
No movement on mine after being mounted on several different bows.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Majority seems to be working properly . Must just be a few bad apples. It happens

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Font Screenshot Number
Burris reply. I'm still going to send it in.. hoping it doesn't take 4 weeks..opening Oct. 1st
Font Screenshot Number

·
710 Posts
It's normal to not hold 0 because the housing is plastic? That does't sound good!
Think they said it's normal to feel a little movement because the housing is plastic but it's not supposed to influence the accuracy.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I still have not had a chance to call during normal business hours. Very busy but want to get mine sent to them soon

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
There is a slight up/down “rock” even on my Ravin Jack Plate. Not a lot but I can feel the movement when I lift the back of the ocular. The weight of the scope holds it down and I’ve not had an accuracy or holding zero issue.

The adjustable “hinged” mount on the Oracle does give me pause. It reminds me of the similar type mount that came on the old Parker Pin Point, I believe they had a lock screw though for the elevation wheel.

Plus I wouldn’t be comfortable with having to manually set the windage using the left/right adjustment screws on the mount. That may be a deal breaker for me in the future.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Sounds like a issue that affects some of the scopes and not others. Could possible be a QC miss at some point in the build process. I have no movement at the front or rear in any direction. I even moved it to my other bows to see if it might be something with the scope rail/mount on different crossbows. It's a very small test group but on two different style TenPoint rails and an Amped rail and there is no movement at all. I'm torqueing the mount to 45 lbs.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I cannot speak from direct experience, as I do not own any Burris optics. Nevertheless, they have a great reputation so I think they'll take care of you. I know that doesn't help that this is happening right before the season starts. That stinks for sure and I hope you get a quicker resolution.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I cannot speak from direct experience, as I do not own any Burris optics. Nevertheless, they have a great reputation so I think they'll take care of you. I know that doesn't help that this is happening right before the season starts. That stinks for sure and I hope you get a quicker resolution.
Thanks for the kind words!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Scope has been delivered to burris. So the 2 to 3 week clock starts ticking... Oct 1st right around the corner. ..

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Neither one Of mine have any movement in any direction. They both hold zero even when dropped off field pod onto a lawn chair :cautious:
I left my X1 with BDX sitting on the rest and shooting table the other day and when I got about halfway to my target to retrieve my arrow I heard a crash. Turned around and the bow was laying on the ground on the scope. That was an Oshit moment if I ever had one! Picked the bow up, cleaned the mud off it and shot the same hole I just pulled the arrow out of. Was pretty impressed it held zero after that fall. 😬

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
How exactly do the elevation and especially the windage lock screws work? I can’t see a specific screw to turn based on these pics. Thanks.

Automotive exterior Bumper Tool Auto part Font

21 - 40 of 68 Posts