Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
With out physically examining the item here are my thoughts from viewing the submitted picture:
1)windage adjustment screw could be on the left end, not visible in the picture.

2)elevation lock screw. If one looks at the thin section at the top of the adjustment
wheel (the part with the white vertical marks) this part may not turn when the adjustment
wheel is turned. One can see a spot below the round red ball at the end of the red line
that comes from (Elevation Lock Screw). This could be the lock screw.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
I saw that on top of the elevation wheel Bunny, I just don’t see anything around the windage adjustment screw. Maybe there’s something in front of or just under the red ball but that would be an odd place to have it.

There could be a lock screw on the opposite sideline you said but the picture points to it on this side. Hopefully someone that has one will chime in.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Scope was solid but reticle was not level. Burris said this is not normal. Sent back last week.
Timeout . . . didn’t Toker get chastised for claiming his reticle was not level, but the guy who bought it may have not had that issue?

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is nice (sarcasm). I just got mine back from Burris after sending it in because the level was quite inaccurate. Moving to the left, it said level till it was about 7 degrees out of level and to the right, it said level until about 4 degrees out. Burris said that was out of Spec, so they recalibrated it. Once recalibrated, they said it was corrected and within specs. It should now show as out of level at about 3 degrees. That still is not great in my mind though.

Anyway, the scope came back in the mail yesterday. After seeing this thread today, I put the scope back on the crossbow to see if it was tight or had movement as described in this thread . I remounted it twice and checked the screws to make sure all were tight, which they were.

When mounted, the scope will rock back and forth , left/right and I can visibly see movement where the brackets connect behind the right/left adjustment - circled in the photo

So, I sent another email back to Burris to see their response .

Getting pretty frustrated. I will be curious to see the response I get and others get on this thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
This doesn't sound promising...I would think burris would completely go over product that's returned to them.. sounds like they fix just what was complained about. I hope I'm wrong about the bad feeling I'm getting. Time will tell.

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
3º is a lot imo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How exactly do the elevation and especially the windage lock screws work? I can’t see a specific screw to turn based on these pics. Thanks.

View attachment 206643
Looking at that diagram there are the 2 empty holes on top. They are the screw holes that secure the mount to the scope. I tightened them and it stopped the little bit of movement I had with mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How exactly do the elevation and especially the windage lock screws work? I can’t see a specific screw to turn based on these pics. Thanks.

The windage lock screw is on the bottom side of the adjustment screw, out of view. It then moves up vertically into the wind age adjuster/screw or what ever moves when turning the wind age screw. I assume that is what happens with it underneath the dial. For the elevation screw, it turns in horizontally, and would then lock into the elevation adjuster/screw that is vertical. They are both very small lock screws.

View attachment 206643

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking at that diagram there are the 2 empty holes on top. They are the screw holes that secure the mount to the scope. I tightened them and it stopped the little bit of movement I had with mine.
I’ll have to look at those two again. They seemed pretty tight but mine still moves.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm having problems sighting in the Oracle X on my Ravin R29, it will not hold zero, it will be dead on, the next time I shoot it, it's off and I have to start all over. the scope will move when I hold the bow down I can rotate the scope back and forth but it moves back when I let it go. I can not feel any up and down movement. I replaced the rest (grabbing at straws) I took the scope off and made sure everything is tight. I had it all sighed in at 20 yesterday, I'm going to shoot today to see if its still on. I really want this scope to work out, it is torqued 70in pounds to my rail.

Update as of today
its holding zero now, my confidence is not there with it, (history) I can still rock the scope while it's mounted, I'm wondering if anyone else has movement? I will shoot again in a little bit.

I may call Burris because another member Rit is having a similar problem (he has a thread going called Accuracy problem) and is sending his back, I don't want to say my scope is loose but I can get it to rock a little, this doesn't seem right. If others could check there's I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
I was talking to a guy at Bolkholder yesterday and he said the same thing they were having to set it up 3x to get it to hold the aiming points I have new one in the box as well I was waiting to put on my new 500 whenever I get it and now I’m having second thoughts!! Good luck

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Update as of today
its holding zero now, my confidence is not there with it, (history) I can still rock the scope while it's mounted, I'm wondering if anyone else has movement? I will shoot again in a little bit.

I have my doubts on that kind of mount. I can make my Jack Plate “rock” a tiny bit when grasping the scope but it settles back.

You have to have some tolerance for the threads to turn, otherwise they’d bind up and wouldn’t budge.
Not sure how the internals work on the mount but sometimes the stack up of tolerances can be an issue - you can have a threaded rod in spec but at the minimum diameter allowed going into a threaded hole that’s also in spec but at the maximum diameter allowed. That type of tolerance spread could have a loosey goosey fit.

I was thinking of spending some of my toy fund on an Oracle X but there’s too many guys having issues so I may wait a year. Maybe the Oracle X is suffering form COVID and needs to build up some immunities..

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Get the Garmin......buy once cry once....done............................. 😮

I always wanted to be able to say that.

the Garmin looking better and better all the time.
Right now i am thinking i that I like the sig bdx 2 x 10 40 the best of all the optics i have had.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
The Oracle is the best option of the SIG, Garmin, Burris trio from a functional POV unless you hunt close range all the time, then I'll open up to the Xero as a consideration. The SIG simply can't compare with it's ranging function being a hand held but it is a nice system and the most affordable of the 3. And I've had and hunted with 2 of the SIGs. I've only had 1 of the Oracles so far but don't have the mounting looseness nor reticle issue and with magnification it's a nice setup. If it could record in 4K and had IR night vision, it would be perfect!

·
Registered
4,207 Posts

View attachment 206643
They are set screws that prevent

View attachment 206643
They are setscrews that prevent the adjustment screws from moving.The movement is left to right between the elevation adjust wheel and the bracket above it that the scope is .counted to

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Mission Sub 1 XR
1,101 Posts
Timeout . . . didn’t Toker get chastised for claiming his reticle was not level, but the guy who bought it may have not had that issue?
The buyer and I have a confidential agreement signed lol. But yes you are correct

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yea...i have not hunted with either optic yet. My likes and dislikes are all based on range time.

Once hunt with one a blow the shot things might change if something like that was to happen.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts