Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
TenPoint Siege, TenPoint Eclipse
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's held in place with waterproof Marine Goop. I didn't want any excess movement so it is easy to raise my trigger finger straight up to press the button.
That puts the Burris logo upside down but I'll get use to it and so will the deer..lol

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
X2.

That’s a very easy to touch location.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
648 Posts
I’ve been thinking about the front grip area. Inside there so I could activate it with my left thumb. I’ll have to see once my scope arrives. Patiently waiting.

·
Registered
671 Posts
wow. that remote needs to come down in size too. I figured this thing was about an 1 to 1 1/2" long at most. It looks like its over 2 1/2"

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe the next model.

its certainly doable though and saves me from the shock when opening the box up.

i would want a way to remove the remote with out marking up the finish for sure.
Do you think that you can get it back off with out and issue......?

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a nickel sized 3000 hour battery included inside how small can you expect the remote to be ???
Goop remains pliable forever so easily removable. My crossbows are meant to be used, they are not Safe Queens so minor marks are to be expected and are just part of the territory.
My wife still loves me and I have accumulated hundreds of marks over the 41 years of marriage, lol.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
With a nickel sized 3000 hour battery included inside how small can you expect the remote to be ???
Goop remains pliable forever so easily removable. My crossbows are meant to be used, they are not Safe Queens so minor marks are to be expected and are just part of the territory.
My wife still loves me and I have accumulated hundreds of marks over the 41 years of marriage, lol.
“Marks” are proof you lived! Story behind all of mine.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
648 Posts
I plan to use hook and loop tape to attach my remote.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Will you have to remove the remote to change the battery? I haven't looked closely at mine yet.

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will you have to remove the remote to change the battery? I haven't looked closely at mine yet.
4 very tiny phillips head screws on the backside of the remote, a good reason not to use Super Glue to mount it..lol

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Trying to figure out where I will put my remote ! May be tricky on my custom stock.....

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
How long is that remote? I have exactly 2.5 inches max of clearance for where I would like to put it!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
2 3/4 long by 1 1/4 wide.
Thanks. That could be an issue with my safety. I will have to look elsewhere on the bow! I was wanting to mount it right behind the riser on the side of my barrel, but 2 1/2 is all I have there......

I wonder if I could shave off the ends with a Dremel? I won't need the zip tie option. What is the measurement from slot to slot?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts