Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from out west scouting and the X was waiting for me, (thanks Wyvern). Nice and calm today so I slapped it on the Grim Reaper, forgot how much I like that bow. Truing was a breeze. Just a few shots to zero at 20 then set [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and then checked at random 46 yards. Bullseye! My only wish is it had better glass. It's not bad yet not great. I would gladly pay 500 to a 1000 more for top of the line glass. I also wish the level was a little more sensitive, you can move it quite a bit before it reads anything. Overall I think it will be a great hunting scope. Now I just need the X1 to show up!

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Sounds good! You were one of the lucky ones to get yours I see. The glass quality was my biggest fear when I preordered, but since canceling, I'm going to keep my current setup and hold out for an upgraded version. They have upgraded their other line over the years and surely this line will also. I'm like you, I'd gladly pay more.....

Good luck with it and your new bow coming!!!

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Mission Sub 1 XR
781 Posts
When did you pre order from Wyvern?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
My only wish is it had better glass. It's not bad yet not great.
I also wish the level was a little more sensitive, you can move it quite a bit before it reads anything.
Well that doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. :(

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. :(
Just telling it like I see it. I still think it’s a great scope with great technology. I’m sure most people would think I’m being a glass snob but once you get used to world class glass it’s hard not to compare to it. As far as the concept of this scope I really think it’s the way of the future. Time and consumer’s will tell if better glass is wanted or needed.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
My only wish is it had better glass. It's not bad yet not great. I would gladly pay 500 to a 1000 more for top of the line glass. I also wish the level was a little more sensitive, you can move it quite a bit before it reads anything. Overall I think it will be a great hunting scope.
The Oracle also needs to come with lens covers since an aftermarket lens covering are not going to be easy to find. For the 50 cents it would cost Burris to add them in to the package, I don't understand why they omitted them.

I would agree the level is not too sensitive and the glass is average. I mentioned those shortcomings when I did my full review. Of course, for $899, I didn't expect high end glass when the other features are factored in.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Does anyone know what the parallax setting is on the Oracle X? The specs in the manual say Deer: 5-200 yards, it doesn’t say anything about parallax so does it automatically change the parallax based on the ranged distance given? Seems like that would tough to do but this isn’t exactly a traditional scope per say.

I did see where it mentioned “BOLTS” twice in the manual - they must have not gotten the memo.

fullsizeoutput_1282.png

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've asked the same question and never got an answer. The two bolt thing is to program two different weight arrow profiles.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Actually that was better than I expected.

Now if I could find out the size of the objective to figure the error at different distances.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I've asked the same question and never got an answer. The two bolt thing is to program two different weight arrow profiles.
Probably as much the flight difference be it weight related, possibly a different arrow or POI difference (broadhead related).

Reactions: Mudslinger

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I got a reply from Burris about the parallax setting and the objective diameter.

I also asked:

• And in the included picture, can an illuminated dot show up anywhere "in between" the ones pictured or is that the max dots available and it just picks the closest dot for that particular distance?
And got this response:

The photo is a little confusing and it will be the latter, you will range your target, and the optic ( once you have programmed the curve of your particular bolt/crossbow setup) will place the illuminated dot at the proper height for hold over at the distance you have ranged.

That goes against what someone said about the dot incrementing up and down the reticle in every yard increment - it doesn’t do that as I expected.

fullsizeoutput_1286.jpeg

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
That goes against what someone said about the dot incrementing up and down the reticle in every yard increment - it doesn’t do that as I expected.

View attachment 202229
Actually, it does place a dot exactly where it needs to be. Those are not the maximum number of aiming points. It has the ability to place them in between the dots in the image above many times. As the distance increases, it will drop a new aiming point basically every yard you step back. Of course, speed and distance come into play at shorter distances and it may drop a new aiming point every 2-3 yards.

Either you got wrong information, they did not understand your question, or the person has little experience with the OracleX.

The image you posted is what happens if the OracleX cannot get a range. It was place aiming points every 10 yards along the ballistic curve.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Actually, it does place a dot exactly where it needs to be. Those are not the maximum number of aiming points. It has the ability to place them in between the dots in the image above many times. As the distance increases, it will drop a new aiming point basically every yard you step back. Of course, speed and distance come into play at shorter distances and it may drop a new aiming point every 2-3 yards.
I’m going with Burris on this one.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

Either you got wrong information, they did not understand your question, or the person has little experience with the OracleX.

The image you posted is what happens if the OracleX cannot get a range. It was place aiming points every 10 yards along the ballistic curve.
I'm going with DPMS on this because he's right.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I’m going with Burris on this one.
I just went outside and ranged at 34 yards. I stepped back, ranged, and got a new dot at 35 yards. The same thing myself and a few others have told you before when you asked the same question.

With that said, at closer distances with a fast bow, you may not get a new aiming point every yard.

What did Burris tell you about parallax and objective diameter?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
From my experience dealing with CS of most manufacturers they have very little knowledge on how their products actually work. Doesn’t matter what the product is.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts