Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First kill with the Burris OracleX on top of the Wicked Ridge NXT400. I wish I could tell you all I shot it at 63 yards but the shot was only 26 yards. Hit the remote ranging button and the Burris dropped a aiming point just under the main crosshair. Worked three gobblers off the roost and finally got a whack at this guy on our opening morning.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Very good plug for the Burris OracleX. It really done it's job! Congrats on a nice bird.:)

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Nice bird. The Oracle X is about the same weight as the Xero but looks a lot more streamline and cheaper.

It says it "provides an exact aiming point" but can’t it only put an aiming point on one of the lines in the bottom half of the reticle that is closest to the yardage determined by the rangefinder?

If you do like a walk back it can’t put an aiming point “between” two lines can it?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
Nice bird. The Oracle X is about the same weight as the Xero but looks a lot more streamline and cheaper.
It says it "provides an exact aiming point" but can’t it only put an aiming point on one of the lines in the bottom half of the reticle that is closest to the yardage determined by the rangefinder?
If you do like a walk back it can’t put an aiming point “between” two lines can it?
If it is anything like a SigSauer BDX or Garmin Xero, it will put an aim point exactly at the yardage you ranged, be it on a line or between lines, to one-tenth of a yard (Sig) or one-hundredth of a yard (Garmin).

The Sig has very fine, etched reticles, the standard 20, 30, 40...to 90, but no numbers, just lines, so you can zero whatever distance you like.
The Garmin has no etched lines at all.

Not sure about the Burris but I don't understand why you would want anything else.
If you walk back a few steps, just re-range and it should reset the aim point accordingly.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Congratulations on a great bird and that killing shot. Well done!

·
Registered
6,578 Posts

Probably would have helped if I added a pic of the reticle. 🙃

fullsizeoutput_fe7.jpeg

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
If it is anything like a SigSauer BDX or Garmin Xero, it will put an aim point exactly at the yardage you ranged, be it on a line or between lines, to one-tenth of a yard (Sig) or one-hundredth of a yard (Garmin).
I’m going to disagree with that until I actually see it do that for myself. I would think it can only put an aiming dot on a stadia line.

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I’m going to disagree with that until I actually see it do that for myself. I would think it can only put an aiming dot on a stadia line.
If that is the case I will more than likely be canceling my order! I was under the assumption it would move aiming points to say 27,33,38,45, 52 various yards and so on......If that is increments of 10 yards ,it won't work for me!

Although I did find this! Seems it does place a dot between the lines ,unless that's just a marketing picture.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
I went over the user manual and initially I’m still under the impression it won’t move an aiming dot in 1 yard increments. They had another pic of that reticle that shows dots in between the stadia lines but I’m still thinking a dot can only be displayed in certain spots.

I’ll call Burris tomorrow and ask. The advantage of this unit is the rangefinder is enclosed inside the scope whereas the Sig Sauer requires a hand held rangefinder to operate the yardage - I think.

fullsizeoutput_1114.jpeg

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
911 Posts
Nice gobbler. Glad to hear this scope works as advertised

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
TP, I've used the Sig BDX for a year and the Garmin for a month.
That is how they work.
They have LCD or OLED screens embedded in the glass so pins can be dropped depending on the resolution of the screen, kinda like a TV's resolution.
That is why they are call "Electro-Optics".
The Sig BDX systems cost $450+.
The Burris is $900; it darned well better drop a pin at one yard, or better, increments.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Rest assured, the OracleX will put an aiming point between the stadia lines. As a type this I ranged 28 yards. Then I ranged 29 yards and the Oracle dropped a lower aiming point.

If it fails to get a range, it will drop aim points every 10 yards along your ballistic curve. Plus you always have the 20 yard center crosshair as a a reference.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Rest assured, the OracleX will put an aiming point between the stadia lines. As a type this I ranged 28 yards. Then I ranged 29 yards and the Oracle dropped a lower aiming point.
That would probably be difficult for my old eyes to tell.

So you ranged 28 yards and then backed up one yard while still looking thru the scope and saw it drop down? Thanks.

Seems like the weight of my Swaro, Vendetta rangfinder, Jack Plate, AND RINGS would add up to the same weight.

And it has a remote that would be easier to use than the Sig Sauer method - hmmm.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts