Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So you ranged 28 yards and then backed up one yard while still looking thru the scope and saw it drop down? Thanks.
Yes. You have to re-range though. It does not continual scan and adjust.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice turkey bird Congrats

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Yes. You have to re-range though. It does not continual scan and adjust.
I under stand that. What’s the overall length?

This is putting bad thoughts in my head . . . . could get expensive here shortly.

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I under stand that. What’s the overall length?

This is putting bad thoughts in my head . . . . could get expensive here shortly.
I've had mine ordered since the week they came out. Wyvern won't charge my card till it ships,so I figured why not order early and could always cancel if initial reviews tanked! Lifetime no questions asked warranty to boot! WIN, WIN...... You better get yours in NOW!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Thanks Gene, tenth of an inch shorter than my Swaro. I hope that adjustable elevation mount is better than the one I had on my Parker Pin Point. Since I have mostly Burris scope rings, I would think it’s really solid.

Tnmtns - I’ll wait until the guys that buy them can’t figure out how to make them work and I’ll snag one up on the cheap! :)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
If that is the case I will more than likely be canceling my order! I was under the assumption it would move aiming points to say 27,33,38,45, 52 various yards and so on......If that is increments of 10 yards ,it won't work for me! View attachment 197779

Although I did find this! Seems it does place a dot between the lines ,unless that's just a marketing picture.
It will. Don't let Tim's negativity get to you. I have also told him in the past that the Sig's aim points have nothing to do with the lines.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I’m not being negative, just not 100% convinced yet. I'll call Burris tomorrow, and I’ll post what they say.

Like Reagan said, “Trust but Verify”.

Reactions: mike-s and dynamo61

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well it does beg the question why the additional dim crosshairs?
Can they be turned off? I would prefer a less cluttered view to include a reduced size main crosshair.
BTW, congrats Gene on a nice gobbler.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Well it does beg the question why the additional dim crosshairs?
Can they be turned off? I would prefer a less cluttered view to include a reduced size main crosshair.
BTW, congrats Gene on a nice gobbler.
You don't really notice them when the scope is turned on. At least I don't notice them.
I'm sure Robert is speaking about the Sig and I agree the lines are not noticeable during normal use.
They are always visible but very fine.
The Sig can be used powered off or with dead batteries.
I have done so on two occasions and the lines were useable to the 60 yards I shot to.

The Sig has motion detection so if you don't power it down completely, I think the motion while going over bumps with it in the trunk turns it back on.
It does have a "hard timeout" as well but I believe I had it set for the max time, which is pretty high for a battery.
That may be why the Burris has thin lines as well, for dead battery scenarios.

The Garmin Xero is a different animal, no lines at all so I have 3 Lithium batteries, non-rechargeable as recommended, coming this Friday.
During yesterday's shoot, the battery showed full but it has dropped a bar during the previous weekend's shoot.
My first experience with non-rechargeable lithiums so will see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Gene said the Oracle X doesn’t have a scan mode so I would think you’d have to hit the Fire button on the rear of the scope or the remote if the deer moves 5 - 10 yards or so, which would be easy enough, especially with the remote.

But with the Sig Sauer, wouldn’t you have to range the deer again with the handheld rangefinder for it to set a new yardage dot?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Another nice feature with the Burris is say you drop an aim point at 4x. You can increase or decrease magnification and the aim point moves as the magnification changes.
That thing just keeps sounding better and better! Glad I got on the list early......

Reactions: dynamo61 and WWB

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Gene said the Oracle X doesn’t have a scan mode so I would think you’d have to hit the Fire button on the rear of the scope or the remote if the deer moves 5 - 10 yards or so, which would be easy enough, especially with the remote.
But with the Sig Sauer, wouldn’t you have to range the deer again with the handheld rangefinder for it to set a new yardage dot?
Exactly for both, you got it Tim.
Just FYI: the Garmin Xero scans continually as long as you hold the ranging button on the Pistol Grip of the Havoc or the wired remote button on the Siege or Vapor (or any other xbow, of course).
When you hold steady on a target for 0.5 seconds or longer, it will say "Target Locked" so you release the button and then it drops the aiming pin.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts