Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just FYI: the Garmin Xero scans continually as long as you hold the ranging button on the Pistol Grip of the Havoc or the wired remote button on the Siege or Vapor (or any other xbow, of course).
On the Burris, it is the same. As long as you hold down the button it will keep ranging and drop a point when the button is released. If you get a range and release the button, you have to re range for a new point if the animal is moving.

I just wanted to clear up my earlier comment about continual range. Yes, as long as you hold the button down.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
it will say "Target Locked" so you release the button and then it drops the aiming pin.
“Drops" means an aiming dot illuminates in the reticle?

No sale price going on at Optics Planet right now . . .

Gene, do you have a picture of the remote? I couldn’t find one in the user manual.

That $12,000 TenPoint with the Garmin Xero I thought had an activation button built in to the front of the grip behind the trigger. Now that would be cool.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Found it, not sure how it mounts though.

wireless_remote.jpg

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Gene, do you have a picture of the remote? I couldn’t find one in the user manual.
Here is the remote mounted on the WR NXT400. It comes with zip ties and velcro adhesive strips. I used the velcro to mount it to the forend of the Wicked Ridge.

On the Garmin there is not a reticle. Just a field of view within which an illuminated aiming point will be placed. On the Burris an illuminated aiming point will be placed on the existing vertical reticle.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
No sale price going on at Optics Planet right now . . .
That $12,000 TenPoint with the Garmin Xero I thought had an activation button built in to the front of the grip behind the trigger. Now that would be cool.
Yes "dropping a pin" is akin to lighting an aim point.
The TenPoint Havoc has the range button built into the grip:

Full info here:
Havoc RS440 XERO Crossbow | First Crossbow with Rangefinding Scope (tenpointcrossbows.com)

Found it, not sure how it mounts though.

View attachment 197816
I think it comes with both double-sided tape and tie wraps.
There is a manual here:
oracle_x_user_guide-inst-9512-online2.pdf (burrisoptics.com)

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Yes "dropping a pin" is akin to lighting an aim point.
The TenPoint Havoc has the range button built into the grip:

View attachment 197818
Full info here:
Havoc RS440 XERO Crossbow | First Crossbow with Rangefinding Scope (tenpointcrossbows.com)

I think it comes with both double-sided tape and tie wraps.
There is a manual here:
oracle_x_user_guide-inst-9512-online2.pdf (burrisoptics.com)
Tenpoint must have high regards for the Burris to incorporate a button into the stocks, just for that scope. Making feel better all the time!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Reactions: dynamo61

·
2,338 Posts
I assume both the scope and remote use a battery. Any idea what the battery life is and if there any warning when they are running down.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I saw where the scope takes a CR123, I would think the remote takes a 2032 or similar.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I assume both the scope and remote use a battery. Any idea what the battery life is and if there any warning when they are running down.
The scope claims 3000 "activations". Needless to say I have a ways to go before I reach that point. I can say that after about 2 months of on and off use, the battery indicator in the scope still says full. Not sure about the remote. Probably a watch battery of some sort. Good thing is even if the remote goes down, you can still range with the button on the eyepiece. And if the main battery or electronics fail, you still have the crosshair to reference.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I should ask the mods to remove this thread before I find myself out $900 . . . . :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does it have a lighted reticle for low light conditions or I guess only the red dot when ranging a target?

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I just got off the phone with Conrad at Burris Optics and I have a reasonable understanding on it now.

He did say that if sighted in at 20 yards, and if I moved back to 60 yards, and ranged the target 40 times in 1 yard increments, the dot will not move 40 spots on the reticle.

I’ll have to go watch the youtube videos but he said you sight it in at 20 yards first , then 30 yards and do whatever adjustments were necessary like a regular scope. Then do the same for 40, 50, and 60 yards and it will compute the required trajectory of your bolt (his word not mine) for 20-60 yards.

It may not set a dot for instance at exactly 27 yards or 33 yards, but will select a position on the reticle that will be close enough - his words not mine.

So the dot is not on a preselected position like I thought it might, but it will not give 40 positions from 20-60 yards either. I do hope the prices come down.

My only issue might be the scope height with the low comb height on my R10. I asked when would they start shipping to stores and he said June.

How to Sight in the Oracle X Rangefinding Crossbow Scope - YouTube

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
This is for Robert.

I sent the following inquiry to Sig Sauer yesterday concerning their BDX combo and got this response:

Trent Oleszczuk <[email protected]>
Tue 5/4/2021 9:47 AM
To: You

Will it illuminate a dot for every 1 yard increment from 20 - 60 yards, or will it “group” several yardages to a single illuminated dot?
  • Yes, it will group based off muzzle velocity.

And is there only a specific number of dots available in the reticle or is it basically unlimited? Thanks.
  • A maximum of 8 holdover points at once will work. You will need to know these if you are constantly changing them.
This is exactly how I always thought it would would.

What worries me is I’m starting to lean towards that friggin’ $900 Burris Oracle X. 😂

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I’ll have to go watch the youtube videos but he said you sight it in at 20 yards first , then 30 yards and do whatever adjustments were necessary like a regular scope. Then do the same for 40, 50, and 60 yards and it will compute the required trajectory of your bolt (his word not mine) for 20-60 yards.
The max number of truing points is four. If 60 yards is going to be your max, after zeroing at 20 using the windage and elevation adjustments, I would think that truing at 40 and 60 would do the trick. If course you could always add another in there to be more precise.

He did say that if sighted in at 20 yards, and if I moved back to 60 yards, and ranged the target 40 times in 1 yard increments, the dot will not move 40 spots on the reticle.
That would most likely depend on the speed of your arrow I would think. On a very fast bow, between 20 and 30 I could see the aiming point not moving a few times. On the NXT400 that I have the OracleX on now, past 25 yards, I get a new aiming point every yard. From 20 to 25 yards I usually get 3-4 aiming points.

·
10,766 Posts
Gene... "you give lessons?" There's a pack of guys over in the "Finally Going Turkey Hunting" thread that might hire-ya. :) ;)

Reactions: One eyed archer
41 - 60 of 104 Posts