Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I sent an inquiry to Burris asking which product line the Oracle X was similar to as far as optics and they replied 2-7x32mm Fullfield II. But I could only find a 2-7x35mm that was mediocre in price and the 2-7x32mm was a higher priced handgun scope.

So I replied asking which one was it and they just replied "it’s the same glass”. That doesn’t tell me a lot so hopefully Cabelas will have it some day so I can put my hands on one.

The Halo appears smaller at $500 but like tnmnts said, Burris has been doing this for a long time. I’d give Burris the edge in this case especially with the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I sent an inquiry to Burris asking which product line the Oracle X was similar to as far as optics and they replied 2-7x32mm Fullfield II.
Yep. I have several Burris scopes and after about a week of looking through them and the OracleX last month, I came to the conclusion that the glass in the OracleX is very similar to the Fullfield II. I mentioned that in one of the Oracle threads.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Yep. I have several Burris scopes and after about a week of looking through them and the OracleX last month, I came to the conclusion that the glass in the OracleX is very similar to the Fullfield II. I mentioned that in one of the Oracle threads.
Since I have never looked through one of those Fullfieds, I take it that's a good thing?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Since I have never looked through one of those Fullfieds, I take it that's a good thing?
The Fullfield line is their bread and butter for the average hunting enthusiast. Street price of the 3X9 model is around $180. So basically, the glass is decent. One has to consider the total price and what one is getting in one unit. To put much better glass in there, that would drive the price up considerably.

I find the glass to be adequate for all of my hunting scenarios thus far. Basically what crossbow folks are used to.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The Fullfield line is their bread and butter for the average hunting enthusiast. Street price of the 3X9 model is around $180. So basically, the glass is decent but in their economical classification.
Any idea if it's the same glass as their Eliminator rifle scopes or at least comparable ? I have heard they are decent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How does it compare to an typical crossbow illuminated scope at dusk and dawn? I assume the ranging will work all the way up to dark?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
493 Posts
I pre ordered the Halo Hyper X from Wyvern. No news yet on their arrival. Hope it’s not a flop

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I just sent an email to Burris CS and asked. I will post the reply!
I thought I posted somewhere CS said first part of June.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I thought I posted somewhere CS said first part of June.
I was talking about the glass they used in the Oracle. CS told me same as you it's like the 2x7x32. I asked about clarity and they said the scope was designed for hunting and low light would not be an issue. I have been reading reviews on the Fullfield scopes and gets high praise for clear glass.

We will see.......

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
In anticipation of getting the Oracle X, I modified a Weaver 61 base mount to fit on on the string stop bracket of my R10 so I could move my Tactacam to there since I don’t think there will be a rail slot available with the Oracle X mounted.

However, wanting the Oracle X is one thing, and clicking on the “Buy” button and having $954 zoom out of my bank account is another. 🙃

IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
However, wanting the Oracle X is one thing, and clicking on the “Buy” button and having $954 zoom out of my bank account is another. 🙃
No worries there, TP, Uncle Joe B will gladly have the fed reserve print some more for us all LOLOLOLOL!
Trickle down economics, remember?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Add Files

Case History

Add Files

This was our msgs.....You have to read from the bottom up! Took me a while to get the answer I was looking for, LOL.

Case History
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 10:53 AM MST
Jeff,
That is correct, we do not compromise on the glass especially due to the optic having additional electronics.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 10:33 AM MST
That’s what I was hoping to hear. I was worried the glass quality may be low to make up for electronics. It sounds like a great scope, just no reviews yet since so new and not available yet.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 9:33 AM MST
Great thank you!
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 8:51 AM MST
Jeff,
Not necessarily. The number one thing to remember is that we specifically designed these optics for hunting conditions and they are going to be as good as they can possibly be for the application. You shouldn't see any issues with low light conditions.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 8:37 AM MST
So due to size of the objective, and led screen low light use would be minimal for the oracle?
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 8:19 AM MST
Hello Jeff,
Unfortunately we are comparing two very different optics. The OracleX has a 32mm objective, where the Eliminator has a 50mm objective. The closest we would have as a comparison point would be a Fullfield II 2-7x32, and make sure to account for the LCD screen that is inside the optic as well.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 7:34 AM MST
I’m sorry I will try again I was curious about the clarity and low light capabilities of the Oracle versus the eliminator glass

Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 7:15 AM MST
Hello Jeff,
The Oracle X does not have the same glass as the eliminators. If you are referencing the function, yes it functions the same and the reticle looks similar, but the actual glass itself is not the same.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 3:31 AM MST
I’m sorry but that did not answer my question can you tell me if it is the same level as the eliminator’s please before I order a scope for $900 I would like to know thank you Jeff

Burris Optics Support on 5/04/2021 3:13 PM MST
Jeff,
The oracle X will have the same glass as our Fullfield line.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/04/2021 3:02 PM MST
Does the Oracle X crossbow scope have the same glass as the Eliminator rifle scopes?

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Add Files

Case History

Add Files

This was our msgs.....You have to read from the bottom up! Took me a while to get the answer I was looking for, LOL.

Case History
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 10:53 AM MST
Jeff,
That is correct, we do not compromise on the glass especially due to the optic having additional electronics.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 10:33 AM MST
That’s what I was hoping to hear. I was worried the glass quality may be low to make up for electronics. It sounds like a great scope, just no reviews yet since so new and not available yet.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 9:33 AM MST
Great thank you!
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 8:51 AM MST
Jeff,
Not necessarily. The number one thing to remember is that we specifically designed these optics for hunting conditions and they are going to be as good as they can possibly be for the application. You shouldn't see any issues with low light conditions.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 8:37 AM MST
So due to size of the objective, and led screen low light use would be minimal for the oracle?
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 8:19 AM MST
Hello Jeff,
Unfortunately we are comparing two very different optics. The OracleX has a 32mm objective, where the Eliminator has a 50mm objective. The closest we would have as a comparison point would be a Fullfield II 2-7x32, and make sure to account for the LCD screen that is inside the optic as well.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 7:34 AM MST
I’m sorry I will try again I was curious about the clarity and low light capabilities of the Oracle versus the eliminator glass
Burris Optics Support on 5/05/2021 7:15 AM MST
Hello Jeff,
The Oracle X does not have the same glass as the eliminators. If you are referencing the function, yes it functions the same and the reticle looks similar, but the actual glass itself is not the same.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/05/2021 3:31 AM MST
I’m sorry but that did not answer my question can you tell me if it is the same level as the eliminator’s please before I order a scope for $900 I would like to know thank you Jeff

Burris Optics Support on 5/04/2021 3:13 PM MST
Jeff,
The oracle X will have the same glass as our Fullfield line.
Jeff T Matthews on 5/04/2021 3:02 PM MST
Does the Oracle X crossbow scope have the same glass as the Eliminator rifle scopes?
I’m having trouble quoting thyour post.

The size of the objective lens will determine the exit pupil (low light capability) and I can’t find that spec.

The part with the “LCD screen inside” gives me pause - so are we looking thru the scope glass AND some additional screen that could cloud the image quality somewhat?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I’m having trouble quoting thyour post.

The size of the objective lens will determine the exit pupil (low light capability) and I can’t find that spec.

The part with the “LCD screen inside” gives me pause - so are we looking thru the scope glass AND some additional screen that could cloud the image quality somewhat?
That's my understanding, but the Eliminators have the same LCD tech, but at much greater distances. I would think even the Garmin would have a screen of some sort also.

I guess it's necessary to operate!

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Gotta have it with today's technology if you are going to have a full featured product. LCDs have been used in electro optics for over a decade and their function and quality is amazing. The ability to include widgets like distance, wind speed, cant, pitch, compass detail etc. could never be possible with a traditional optic.

Reactions: dynamo61 and Tnmtns

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Gotta have it with today's technology if you are going to have a full featured product. LCDs have been used in electro optics for over a decade and their function and quality is amazing. The ability to include widgets like distance, wind speed, cant, pitch, compass detail etc. could never be possible with a traditional optic.
I might have my understanding of a LCD screen a bit off, thinking it would be of some sort of liquid sandwiched between 2 layers of something that gets activated to display graphics.

This Burris looks more like LEDs which emitting from some type of “film” or whatever but obviously it’s providing a clear image - which is paramount to me.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts