Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 2 February, to celibrate the Presentation of the Lord, will be taking a trip to order the Darton Toxin 125ss, and a Darton shooting jersy,at Archery School of the Rockies in Colorado Springs.

Looking forward to visiting the retailorand getting involved with them in supporting Darton Archery, and getting people interested in crossbow archery here in Colorado. The Archery School of the Rockies will be stating ASA Colorado Federation which I will join and compete in. Will also start to learn much more about the Compound bow world too. Will start the process of getting measured for a compound bow. It will likely be a Darton Tempest e 3D.

Looking forward to being able to look at the Toxin 125 when it comes in. Will be inspecting it to see if equalizer technology has already come over to the crossbow silently, or if it is something we can still anticipate. Will be looking at the cabling carefully to see if it is double yoked with a small pully. To release unwanted tennsion on the dual sync cams. It the cable guide allows movement of the cable in it. These are the things involved with the equalized tecnology in the compound bow. They will make the crossbow cock much smoother with up to 85% let off, and also make the firing more smooth and efficient. More of the potential energy in the cams will be transfered to kenetic energy in the firing of the bow. Less energy will be lost in friction and heat from the cams. Looking forward to seeing if this technology is already here or if we still need to wait for it to come.

Will be letting everyone know as things develop and when I will have this great crossbow. Also a little about the compound bow, but that probably will not move all the way forward until the end of the semester.

·
2,721 Posts
You'll like the Toxin 125, I had the Rebel 135 (now Toxin 135) and it was a great shooting bow, very accurate and nice trigger.... I also had the Toxin 150 and it was nowhere near as nice as the 135...

Enjoy that new bow....

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking forward to the 125. It will be a better crossbow for me then the 150. The state of Colorado redefined draw length to be something more predictable as the front of the riser ttothe knock point. Probably the same as it was before but now greater definition so no need to worry about ranger meassuring powerstroke, as all the rangers I asked told me they would.

The 125 will fit me a lot better being the shortest of the crossbows with the 100. When I was in the Army with the M16A2 I had a difficult time qualifying would normally hit 26 our of 40 targets. When the change was made to the M4 that had a 2" shorter LOP immediately went to qualifying expert 40 out of 40, after zeroing the iorn sights. Mostly the fact that I was able to get a more comfortable and consistant sight picture because of the shorter LOP.

Will get the Darton 2x7 X40 scope for ASA target shooting. Have the Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 Holoographic 1X red dot sight for hunting, and will get the HHA Speed Dial with Vortex scope for fun long distance target shooting. Will also be using 3 differently prepared Black Eagle Zombie Arrows. 22" 125 gr field tip, 25 gr brass FOC insert and Al knock for a 450gr plus arrow for ASA target shootting. Need to get as close to 330fps as possible. 22" 100 gr Grim Reaper Hybird Broad Head, Brass FOC insert and lighted knock, looking to be close to 400 gr arrow for hunting. 22" 100 gr field tips, FOC brass incert, plastic knock for long distance target shooting. This should be a crossbow that I can do it all with, just changing the sights and arrow for particular use. I will need to practice to get to know the crossbow and get my skills in shooting back to where they were with a M4. The crossbow is a Darton, the best that is made for dependability and accuracy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did get the Toxin 125ss today at Archery School of the Rockies. Was an excellent retail establishment. If I actually lived close to Colorado Springs would have purchased a membership and classes to learn to use a compound bow. The compound bow will be the Tempest e 3D 35# 25" draw length. Tthe entire experience with Mark and Dennis was really great.

Looking at the Toxin 125ss many of the equalizer cables are already worked into the crossbow. It has dual yolks on the cables that are attached to the cam axels, not the limbs, keeping pressure off of the cams and on the axel. This keeps the cams stright and allined in the entire cocking and firing process. There is no energy lost in cam lean, making for a more efficient crossbow. Could not tell yet if the cable guide allows the cable to move. But this would be the other major part of the equalizer cable technology that was advertised and explained in the compound bows.

The crossbow will be to Archery School of the Rockies this week. Unfortunately I will not be able too get back to Colorado Springs until next month. Archery School of the Rockies will have it built and ready for me.

Will let everyone know what additional goodies are with this crossbow that has been kept secret.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts