Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I grew up a mile away from Excalibur factory as a kid, and we drooled over them when they first came out. I bought a black Vixen later in my teens and shot it a lot. What a beautiful bow. Sold it to get money for school ... :(

Now I'm back after a buddy traded me a Cold Steel Cheap Shot on a whim... and I am having so much fun with the thing. Back in the market again for a hunting crossbow, and listing guns for sale to pay for it.

I am amazed at all the funky high tech crossbow stuff that has come out over the past years while I have been away... I am fascinated by some of the bows available. However, my gut and heart are leaning me towards my first love, and a Micro 340 or 360 TD looks like my top pick for my next bow. I LOVE the takedown concept.

Looking forward to learning more on the forum,

Rallan

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
303 Posts
Don't write off a Mag 340 without shooting one ,,,less weight in the front end then a TD model better ballance , and only 1 bolt to remove and you have your TD model for a lot less 💰

Personally I'd stick with 340 fps if you had to have a TD or fixed in a Micro

Welcome

·
Registered
Excalibur suppresser 400 td
27 Posts
Really like my Axe 340( mag 340). I have a suppresser 400 that is a great bow. But the 340 seems to be a great all around bow. I've had zero issues with this bow as far as strings or limbs. I did replace the scope, ( came with a dead zone, just didn't like it), put a hawke xb-1. Shot my first crossbow deer with it this year. Just a great bow!

·
Registered
Let's Go BRANDON
2,113 Posts
Really like my Axe 340( mag 340). I have a suppresser 400 that is a great bow. But the 340 seems to be a great all around bow. I've had zero issues with this bow as far as strings or limbs. I did replace the scope, ( came with a dead zone, just didn't like it), put a hawke xb-1. Shot my first crossbow deer with it this year. Just a great bow!
Congratulations on your first crossbow deer.
We love our Axes. A great all around bow.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
Excalibur suppresser 400 td
27 Posts
My suppresser 400 is a td model, but I don't take down very much at all. That feature is nice , it just isn't something I have to have. I'm not traveling or anything. The 340 takes an Allen wrench for the one bolt and you've got it apart.

·
Registered
Let's Go BRANDON
2,113 Posts
I break my Axe340 down and put it in a Savior 28" soft case. I can then fit the case behind the seat of my pickup. I drive an old single cab truck you know? Any crossbow in the front seat takes up a lot of room. And it's in plain view if I have to leave the truck somewhere for any length of time. Not a good idea in this day and age.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys very much for the info. I don't own a car, just a sidecar motorcycle and a few other motorbikes. A takedown would easily fit into a sidecar or sling over my back while riding out to the bush. I kinda need that feature, but have no problem carrying a T handle wrench.

Heck, riding a Russian URAL sidecar motorcycle, you should see the size of the toolkit I have to carry :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cool motorcycle, mechanical skills needed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts