Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a short video of the PackerMAXX on our food plot.
This cultipacker works great.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
894 Posts
What did you fill your PackerMaxx with? My plot is very rocky. I would worry about a synthetic packer under such adverse condition. Also, it seems water fill may be a little dicey in the winter without some antifreeze. What do you think about it so far?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you fill your PackerMaxx with? My plot is very rocky. I would worry about a synthetic packer under such adverse condition. Also, it seems water fill may be a little dicey in the winter without some antifreeze. What do you think about it so far?
I filled it with water. I have a lot of rocks in the food plot and I did get some marks on it today, but not too bad. I don’t plan on filling it up with water next time. I think It’s heavy enough without water. I think Rock will do damage to a cast iron cultipacker too , wish I had a tractor to get rid of the rocks.
I wouldn’t leave water in it during winter and don’t plan on using it in the winter either.

·
Registered
894 Posts
wish I had a tractor to get rid of the rocks.
I have a tractor and rock rake. They just keep coming up. I have said if I get all the rock out....it would be below sea level.
The cultipacker I have my eye on has steel wheels with 10 year replacement warranty. Prices start near $650 and up from there.

Reactions: allNitroedup

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
The only way to get the rocks out is by hand and you have to do it every year and sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. I gave up on them years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts