Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a Parker Tornado gen 1 package in excellent condition for 275.00 , I know Parker went out of business is that something I should pick up or stay away from . Asking the group
thanks

·
3,622 Posts
Well, you know you are not going to get any help if something goes wrong. Then again, you won't get a new crossbow anywhere near that quality for that kind of $$. To me, it would be worth it, but I have a few crossbows, and none of them have warranties. I just maintain them myself as long as I can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe , new to Crossbows and just want to be sure before I pull the trigger
just posted some pictures

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
The only Parker I owned went through 2 sets of limbs in less than 70 shots and when I received the 3rd set I sold the bow immediately. I would not buy one for any amount of $$$ and expect to shoot it very long.
That said it is luck of the draw with them if you like to gamble. I know someone that had the same bow without any limb problems except mine was a 175 and his was 165 I think.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts
There's a guy on eBay that has a bunch of parts for Parkers.... there is still a few places that have parts for them so you won't be totally in the dark.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would stay away.....I would opt for a Centerpoint 415, they come in three different model names yet they are all the same : the 415 Amped, 415 Heat and the 415 Patriot (walmart exclusive) average price for any of the three models will be between $350/$375.....You may find it cheaper online with or without online coupons or you can add your email to the notify me list, sells here for $299, they are a good place to purchase CENTERPOINT AMPED 415 CROSSBOW - Northwoods Wholesale Outlet

·
Registered
600 Posts
I got lucky I found the Centerpoint 415 on end of season sale at Walmart for $179 with tax, I replaced the scope with a Hawke #12221 and the supplied bolts I use for discharging after a days hunt, I'm using Victory Decimators with Lighted nocks, I paid $30 for three at Dick's Sporting Goods, they fly excellent......I opted to have the trigger adjusted and bolt retainer replaced with a brush retainer these two things aren't necessary but it was something I wanted to do

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts
I got lucky I found the Centerpoint 415 on end of season sale at Walmart for $179 with tax, I replaced the scope with a Hawke #12221 and the supplied bolts I use for discharging after a days hunt, I'm using Victory Decimators with Lighted nocks, I paid $30 for three at Dick's Sporting Goods, they fly excellent......I opted to have the trigger adjusted and bolt retainer replaced with a brush retainer these two things aren't necessary but it was something I wanted to do

View attachment 180659
Isn't CP using the ballbearing retainer anymore ? I thought that was very innovative ...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm not sure, I just replaced it with the Brush, the original retainer can loosen up over time.....I mean it will take many years but I replaced it anyway

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Thanks I will look into them, I’m going to pass on the Parker,thanks for everyones imput
Probably a very good idea.
As BHC pointed out, there are brand new package deals that are probably better yet in the same price range as you would have paid for the Parker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts