Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got one? What kind do you have? How long have you had it?

I have a Terminator I bought from Cabelas. I wanted the HP version but they didn't have one. All they sold was the Non-HP one, with 3dot. I wanted the single dot too, but nevertheless, it's now in my possesion. I've had it for 1 year. This is my third one (another story for another time) but I am overall impressed with it's performance.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I have the 150 lb

Terminator with LumiZone scope. Started with 3 dot, LumiZone much more precise since it has magnification, speed linked aiming points plus lighted reticule if desires. Only down side is that it's a bit bigger than the 3 dot.
Have had my Terminator 2 years. Killed deer both years with it. It shoots great, it's my 'hunting bow.' Also shoot a Excal. Vortex. Very nice bow, accurate and simple to maintain. But wider and heavier. Harder to cock. I use it mostly for target shooting. Terminator has anti fire safety, better trigger and is narrower thus more handy in blind/stand.
Have been smitten with the looks of the Cyclone tho. Waiting for one to come in to give it a try. May just have to upgrade. But if the trigger isn't as good or better than the Terminator's I'll keep Terminator. All in all I'm satisfied with the Terminator. Don't really feel I need more speed than it's 318 fps with Beman Thunderbolts w 4" vanes, pushing 100gr Slick Trick mags.

·
1,071 Posts
Parker Crossbow

I have a Safari Magnum 150# it has the 3 dot red dot scope on it right now.I have some Parker shafts but i just bought a dozen Gold Tip Lazer II just want to see how they shoot. I also bought a Truglo Illuminated Scope that i haven't received yet. Getting anxious to get it setup and see what it can do. I haven't owned the bow that long but i'm excited about this coming year. My friend with whom i have huntd with for about 38 years also bought a Parker Safari. We have booked a hunt in Ohio for whitetail deer for Oct 2008 and hope to meet up with a few of those big bucks that they have.But until then will continue to practice and maybe hunt spring turkeys here in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have 3 here in the house. Safari Magnum (LH) Scoped, Teminator 3-Dot, and a Buck Buster with Single Dot. Counting down the days to the big red X on the calendar when I'll have my hands on my new Cyclone.

·
1,426 Posts
Assembling a terminator HP rite now, and it came with a tru glo scope made for crossbows.. different hieghts of crosshairs and such.. I realize lots of folks prefer other scopes.. but will see what this one does first.. I am not opposed to spending money for optics or sights..
I like the product so far.. and will shoot it in a minute or so..
dk

·
76 Posts
Buck Buster with single red dot site. Just bought recently, good so far except for one thing, the brightness control knob is very hard to turn and the detent makes a very loud click as you turn it. Talk about bow noise, I'm more worried about scope noise, a deer could hear this thing at 30yds. ;) Thinking about taking it off and puting my Millet red dot on it. This being my first crossbow I was amazed by the quality trigger. I guess I thought that holding that much weight the trigger would be hard and gritty with a lot of travel, wrong! It has a better trigger than some guns I have owned.

·
1,379 Posts
I have a Terminator HP, not quite a year old yet and no blood as to being unlucky and having no deer come within range during last years late season. I'm very impressed with what this xbow will do, accuracy, speed and energy. So much so that I just bought my son a Buckbuster 150, the one he prefered, easier to cock and shorter power stroke. He has only had it a week now, but it is every bit as good as the Terminator, only giving up about 30fps to the more powerful model. I know I can tweak the BB a bit, but there is no need. It's more than adeqate as is, energy is more than enough, and the accuracy is outstanding. Both have the factory Truglow 4X scope with reticle.

I recommend these xbows to all that ask. I'm a bit prejudice though, as Parker is only 15 miles down the road from where I live.

·
110 Posts
I just bought a parker hurricane on 08-22 and it is one sweet crossbow very fast but it is kind of loud overall im satisfied

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I have one...that I can't even put together, much less shoot. Sent my first Cyclone back under warranty Aug 11. Just got a new one back today. I was instructed to return (all) accessories with the bow. Got just the bow back today. Just the bow; not even the 4 screws necessary to hold the damn thing together! So much for their lauded customer service. This is NOT what I have come to expect from Parker.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
To Parker's credit they sent me the accessories and screws by expedited UPS. Got the stuff today. Will assemble the new bow tomorrow...right after rebuilding a couple of stands.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Got it together today. Silenced the stock, touched up the trigger, slapped on the LumiZone and shot. AWESOME! 6" drop to 40 yards. Fifty yard target is just a chip shot. So flat I'm hitting it using just under the 40 yard reticule aim point (it's sighted for 20, speed ring set on 350 fps) to hit 50. If I sight this thing 2" high at 20, it will give me blank point range out to 50 yards using just 3 aimpoints instead of 5. I'm liking this bow more than ever and Parker stood behind their product. Replaced the entire package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Parker Terminator

Cossack,
Whew, your first post on the problem with Parker had me sweating. I was thinking man, I thought I did my homework and bought from a reputable company.
Then, I went to the second page and learned that they "made it right" I now feel more comfortable with my purchase.
I am very interested in your progress with a Lumizone scope. Mine has the Tru-glo 3 dot. I haven't shot it much but, can see where the magnification and adjustability of the Lumizone would be an asset. I may not can hunt with it in Alabama but, I could certainly see just what this CB brings to the table accuracy wise. Did I understand you to say that you can adjust that scope to your actual Speed Range? Meaning I could chrono my arrow speed and really dial it in correctly. I am also impressed by the trajectory and range you are getting. I was not aware this thing would shoot that flat.
You have opened my eyes to some interesting things here. I would like to hear more on your Lumizone scope if you don't mind.
Tell me the ins and outs on this thing before I buy one...
Thanks for sharing any info on this scope. Model number, relative cost and certainly the repeatability of the adjustments..
Thanks again.
tnerb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts