Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
You know really, pound for pound and dollar for dollar, do you think we see more excalibur crossbows still being used year after year compared to others? These things are definitely tanks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
You know really, pound for pound and dollar for dollar, do you think we see more excalibur crossbows still being used year after year compared to others? These things are definitely tanks.
Absolutely. Back in 2008 I bought my Excalibur Vortex. And that same fall my uncles bought my grampa a new Tenpoint. People asked me then why I would buy a recurve.... Well that old Tenpoint is still around, but what a poor quality feeling piece garbage it feels like compared to the old Excalibur, which still feels top notch quality even today (not surprising, still same rail extrusion, machined aluminum riser, same trigger boxes, etc). Even the modern middle of the road Wicked Ridge like the M370 I handled at a dealer felt like it was built with the same subpar materials the one from 2008 did.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I don't know about how many of each brand bow people use, but I do think if you took a poll of how many have owned an excalibur, and out of them who still owns one? I think it would have the most users who once owned one, and still has one in their collection.

I gotta say, them and tenpoint, are the ones that have proven to stand the test of time in their particular format, something all others that have not already folded are behind in and following, BUT! only Tenpoint, is still owned by their original founder,,, Rick Bednar, and not some investment group. They too must be doing something right!

·
1,790 Posts
I don't know about how many of each brand bow people use, but I do think if you took a poll of how many have owned an excalibur, and out of them who still owns one? I think it would have the most users who once owned one, and still has one in their collection.

I gotta say, them and tenpoint, are the ones that have proven to stand the test of time in their particular format, something all others that have not already folded are behind in and following, BUT! only Tenpoint, is still owned by it's original founder,,, Rick Bednar, and not some investment group.
Don't forget about Scorpyd. They are still original owned and operated! :)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Don't forget about Scorpyd. They are still original owned and operated! :)
They aint even scratched the surface of time, they have a lot of years to go if Tenpoint and Excalibur closed their doors today to prove they were as solvent! In other woods their still sit'n with the pups as far as longevity of the company goes!

Who knows what it will take to equal the life of Tenpoint or Excalibur???

Reactions: JH HUNTER

·
Registered
92 Posts
line up of xbows…. For me the ones that stand out are the Matrix 300, 355 & Sapphire… they are the ones we purchased and still use to this day. We found the stock appealing and those xbows nice shooters… originally bought a 330 for myself and followed up with the Sapphire for my small framed son at the time… later picked up a holdover 355 as a backup just to have… then more recently, the son grew enough he has taken over the 355 as his preferred. Using those 2016 Matrix models, we have taken several deer and even a bear. And, we expect to be using then for years to come.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just sold my exo series Excalibur Equinox today to a gentleman that had been looking for a good used excalibur crossbow. Figured I didn't need two crossbows. No reason to be greedy. You only need one good deadly shot on that game animal. Since excalibur crossbows are easy to fix and repair. I had picked up a nice Excalibur Micro couple weeks ago. I fixed up the Micro to back new condition and I thought now. Why would you need two of them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve had both the Y25 & 350LE. Both are indeed great! But for me the 3500SE is where it’s at. The 350LE with a Micro stock; doesn’t get much better. It’s my 6th Excal to date & one that’s here to stay for a long while…
Camouflage Military camouflage Aircraft Toy Font

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Just sold my exo series Excalibur Equinox today to a gentleman that had been looking for a good used excalibur crossbow. Figured I didn't need two crossbows. No reason to be greedy. You only need one good deadly shot on that game animal. Since excalibur crossbows are easy to fix and repair. I had picked up a nice Excalibur Micro couple weeks ago. I fixed up the Micro to back new condition and I thought now. Why would you need two of them?
Funny you should ask. Rich from Death by Bunjie (youtube) can tell you why, as he just had a micro fold and completed the hunt with an old Axiom he had. If he had not of had that backup...

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex, Excalibur Matrix 355
60 Posts
My vote goes to the 2 I currently own! Matrix 355 and Vortex

·
Registered
812 Posts
Anyone hunting with a crossbow should have a backup equipment plan of some sort. In your new scenario of having a micro, I would recommend having a set of spare limbs and string available, at a bare minimum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone hunting with a crossbow should have a backup equipment plan of some sort. In your new scenario of having a micro, I would recommend having a set of spare limbs and string available, at a bare minimum.
Hi Yep Got all those items. This Micro is my second Excalibur Crossbow so fixing things out in the field is easy to do. I carry a Excalibur backpack with all tools with me. I owned a exo series Excalibur Equinox for long time. Having the smaller limbs is a big plus shooting out of my groundblinds.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
All great crossbows. My first and only crossbow is the Excalibur Phoenix I purchased new in 2005. Still use it. Only upgrade was replace original scope with a Nikon 3x32 BDC 60 (discontinued). This crossbow will last me the rest of my life I assume....

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
All great crossbows. My first and only crossbow is the Excalibur Phoenix I purchased new in 2005. Still use it. Only upgrade was replace original scope with a Nikon 3x32 BDC 60 (discontinued). This crossbow will last me the rest of my life I assume....
Thats great to hear. I have a Vortex that I bought new in 2012.. It shares stand time with the only other bow I have, the CP Sniper. Both my bows kill deer every year. My Excal also has that same Nikon scope that you use. If I ever buy another bow then I'll sell the Sniper. I'll always have the Vortex.:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
From OP's catalog selection, Matrix 380 (which I own).
Not from catalog, Vortex 330 (which I also own). Topped with a Hawke XB1, it's my favorite.

Heard alot of love for the Matrix 330 as the "best ever" Excalibur from forum posts over the years. If I didn't already have my Vortex, might be an interesting choice.
I've handled, but never shot,
I also have the Matrix 355, but have always wanted a 350LE. If I ever find one used.......hello, my name is Bob.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts