Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The arrow retainer sits about 3/16" above the rail. Should it be closer to the rail to hold the arrow better? I see some that are touching the rail when at rest and i don't want my arrow working forward and me not noticing it and possibly have a dry fire situation.

Mike

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've had no issues with arrows moving on my Patriot. The arrow retainer's factory setup holds the arrows very securely on my bow.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
The arrow retainer sits about 3/16" above the rail. Should it be closer to the rail to hold the arrow better? I see some that are touching the rail when at rest and i don't want my arrow working forward and me not noticing it and possibly have a dry fire situation.

Mike
That's about right. Finger retainers vary a bit. Cock it, load an arrow, point the nose of the 415 at the ground and jerk the bow backward a bit and see if the arrow slides out. Apply more tension if it does.

Reactions: Gabowman

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
That's about right. Finger retainers vary a bit. Cock it, load an arrow, point the nose of the 415 at the ground and jerk the bow backward a bit and see if the arrow slides out. Apply more tension if it does.
It's what I did with both my crossbows. (y)

Reactions: TX_RDXguy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts