Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crazy Ol' Foole
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I got up and happened to see a woodchuck in my side yard. So even before my first cup of coffee or first smoke I grabbed my Ruger Precision Rimfire (suppressed) crept out on my deck, and shot him in the head. Buzzards gotta eat, so I took him out front and tossed him in the road. Well, to my surprise nothing touched him all day. Nobody even ran him over with a car/truck/tractor....until this morning.

After getting smushed this morning by someone, a buzzard did stop by briefly, but then he was gone and I figured that what was left would just get ground up and feed flies. WRONG! I looked out a few minutes ago and this was what I saw.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wish I didn't live in Newyorkistan so I could have a suppressed rimfire.....Would be awesome to plink without hearing protection....

·
2,927 Posts
Nice picture, Rick..... I always feed the dead ground hogs to the buzzards to... LOL....
We had a eagle land in the tree by our back door (pic below) a few months ago, 1st one we've seen around here.... I know there is a nesting pair about 5 miles south of the house, figure it might be from there.....

Mike

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
Even see an eagle or two every now an again on my local lakes. They are some awesome birds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts