Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
665 Posts
Man is michigan in the Back forty some where, it seems alot of other states are doing what it takes to promote crossbow's and michigan is just sitting around. On there topic's to talk about at the next meeting, "Should we be able to shoot albino deer" I have never seen one in the woods and i don't know anyone who has. How is this going to help the state?? Allowing crossbow's to everyone will give more people the chance to hunt and it might put a few dollars back in to our sunken economy

Way to Go Jennie AKA Mole face

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I saw one once. You can't let them get too close. 40 yds is my limit. The blue arrow is the entry hole.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
That is wild! I woulda' had to shoot too. All these years in Texas, and this year I saw my first 2 Piebal deer in the same small area. Not that white! That one from the picture looks Albino with the pink nose. What a fluke of nature, huh?

·
665 Posts
I think I would have been freaked out to see that thing, looks kinda freaky

Good shot though

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
I passed on a doe one year that had a white ring around it's neck. Not a white patch on it's throat either. It had a very obvious thick white ring all the way around it's neck. I fired a couple of rounds under her feet on a hill side with my 870. I was hoping to spook her into cover but never saw her the following year. I figured it was a neat characteristic that I wouldn't mind being passed on to her offspring.

As for shooting an albino I would do it in an instant. That is not a gene that is in the best interest for the survival of the animal. If all the does and bucks were running around white they would only be safe when it snowed. Not to mention I could see where the neighbor's dogs and goats would get shot thinking it was an albino deer. From a QDM perspective I would urge everyone to take an albino out of the gene pool the instant it is legal for them to do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts