Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was initially looking to purchase a soft case and came across this one at Academy. $79.99 + tax.

035BD1EB-AB1A-459D-B8E8-75F9CBE3E9C5.jpeg

The case fits my A4 really well. There is lots of room in the case to store other stuff including my quiver, arrows, rangefinder.... Plenty of room for my needs.

08776119-3DE1-4179-BA04-D2ABC3A14C2C.jpeg

D18D1349-BA91-4D60-93BE-A89A01E7FB1F.jpeg

There are three different locations with Velcro straps to secure your bow into the case. I only used two, one across the rail and one across the butt of the stock. I really like the foam inserts beneath the limbs and around the scope.

A5AD6C3A-C1C3-40D1-8D5E-77898035B98C.jpeg

92229854-6CFA-47B0-AD74-DFC2AF099BE4.jpeg

Overall, The case seems to be well built. The latches close easily. I also like that it will also stand up on its side. There are two locations for pad locks also should one need to lock for travel, etc.

Some of the soft cases cases were as much or more than this hard case. As of now, it seems to be a great buy. We will have to see see how this one holds up over time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just returned from a 1300 mile round trip to hunt turkeys in Texas. My truck looked like Jed Clampet from the Beverly Hillbillies with all the stuff I had in it. The case performed well. No complaints. I’m certain a soft case would be a recipe for disaster on these kind of trips.

I did notice one of the rods that hold the two hinge half’s together had worked out a little bit. I pushed it back in and no issues since.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I bought the same Spire case a couple years ago and glued pieces of egg crate foam inside. I had to enlarge the ribs for the XB75 for clearance. I wish they’d make a version for Scorpyds.

IMG_1734.JPG

Reactions: THF

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Great review!

Fits my Barnett Xbows.

Prefect case if you are flying to a hunt destination.

Reactions: THF

·
Registered
319 Posts
First time I saw one of these it was on clearance at Cabelas but I didn't have my bow with me so I passed on it. Went home and did my homework and found it would have worked. Ended up finding a brand new one on ebay for less. Great case but look around for a deal. Their out there.
I shoot a Bear Kronicle and it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: I had to send my bow off to CAMX to replace the limbs over a cosmetic issue. I packed it up in the Spire case and zip tied it shut. I received my bow back from CAMX and they too zip tied the case shut before shipping. I had no issues at all. There were a few scuff marks on the case from shipping but that's it. The case did what it's supposed to. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

I did modify the metal rods that hold the hinges together before shipping because they kept backing out. I pulled the rods out and using pliers to put a slight bend in the rod on one end. I then inserted the bent end of the rod into the hinges first and used a small hammer to tap them in. I've had no issues with the rods backing out since.

·
Happy Member
5,838 Posts
THF I noticed that the right side of the serving is wearing? I had the same problem, it’s caused from the trigger fork! CamX replaced the fork but the new fork was as bad as the old one! I took the trigger box out, took the fork off and sanded & polished the entire fork on both sides of the fork! There are dimples in the finish of the fork that causes the serving to actually tear. Once you get the entire circumference of both fork fingers polished smooth, NO more serving wear! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve noticed that too BBM. It’s worse now than it was in the above pictures. I’ve probably got about 250 shots on the bow now. Serving is still hanging in there. I was going to order a new string and send this one off to re-serve. My local shop said that’s my best bet as they can not wind it as tightly as the factory can.

What is considered normal wear? How many shots would be normal for this type of wear? This is my first crossbow so I don’t have any idea. o_O

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody using this case for an RDX style bow? Thanks!
I don't think the Spire will work with reverse limb bows. Thought I saw it mentioned on the forum somewhere.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts

·
Registered
9,709 Posts
When I was in the market for a hard case I wasn't liking what I was seeing for the prices they wanted. Most seemed like they were made of flimsy plastic with not much other storage space for arrows etc.

So I made my own. Now its not as portable obviously. But its holds a lot more than just the bow.Its not all that heavy either,Maybe 25lbs or so. I just put it in the SUV when hunting trips are in the future. No worries about about damaging the bow during travel or other equipment. My climber fits on top of it nicely with no worries. Cost me about $20 to build. For short simple outings I'll use a soft case.
Sniper Case xbows 007.JPG
2015 button buck Xbow case 004 (800x600).jpg
Bane,Xbow case,tool box 2006-01-01 013.JPG
Bane,Xbow case,tool box 2006-01-01 015.JPG

·
Registered
3,681 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I own one also. Good review!
Yea, I have one too. It's quite sturdy and has been through the airport and surviving that works for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am very happy with mine! Great case and nice review

1 - 20 of 21 Posts