Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi got an Armex Tron the other day. Got some of the aluminium ones arriving next week . Came with 3 plastic bolts about 7 inches long . This isn't my first pistol crossbow so do know the basics . On the box it says 235 fps but does not say the weight of the arrow used to achieve this . What would you consider the best bolt to use with this ? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried the cheap plastic ones and at 84 grains was rubbish on penetration with the bolts falling out . With the bolts that came with it 7 inches long .and 104 grains are much better they never fall out . The aluminium ones are 148 grains and am looking forward to seeing them in action .

·
Crossbow Nut
3,100 Posts
I own a pistol crossbow but haven't shot it in years, they just don't get much interest here. I did shoot one of the plastic darts into my shed door from about 20 yards and it penetrated about 1/2".

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Nope....don't think you will find a lot of interest in the pistols here. I might be wrong though. Sorry...…..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an air rifle as well . in terms of fun I like the Tron very much.. It is about the same power as my air rifle if not a bit more so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If and when I get a full sized crossbow I will check back . The new crossbow pistols are way better than the old ones .

·
Crossbow Nut
3,100 Posts
I think mine is a Cobra, has a cocking lever. I made a Flemish twist string for it and put a red dot sight on it. Had it about 8 years or so and have maybe 1/2 hour shooting time on it. I can't hit much of anything smaller than a man-sized target at close range anyway and don't have the time nor desire to get better with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts