Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was my dog's 3rd track job and she hasnt even been challenged yet. She found a buck that only went about 60 yards and has now found 2 pigs in a clearcut (tangled with scrub bushes, sweetgum and popular bushes, small pines and briars). Both of the hogs didnt go much over 65 yards but I wouldnt have never found either of them without her. For a pup about 7 months old I'm pretty proud of what she's showed me so far. This was this evening/tonight...

Plant Carnivore Grass Fawn Wood

Smile Fish Event T-shirt Fur

I know one thing. I'm too old and out of shape for these kinds of drags. I had to call my son to come help me get this one out of the woods.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That’s something to be proud of. A good blood dog is worth their weight in gold. Looks like you have a good one.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
That's awesome! Congrats on a fine dog! My beagle would lead me away from the hog so she could sneak back later and get all the bacon for herself....🙄

Reactions: Gabowman

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Congrats on the porker's n the tick toter. That fine furbaby is working for you

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
887 Posts
Tonight was my dog's 3rd track job and she hasnt even been challenged yet. She found a buck that only went about 60 yards and has now found 2 pigs in a clearcut (tangled with scrub bushes, sweetgum and popular bushes, small pines and briars). Both of the hogs didnt go much over 65 yards but I wouldnt have never found either of them without her. For a pup about 7 months old I'm pretty proud of what she's showed me so far. This was this evening/tonight...

View attachment 208700

View attachment 208701

I know one thing. I'm too old and out of shape for these kinds of drags. I had to call my son to come help me get this one out of the woods.
Good pup there!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats on your hog looks like your pup is going to be a great tracker she is off to a very good start. Dogs can really help when the tracking gets tough.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congrats on the hog, and your dog deserves some pork sausage in the morning (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts