Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding the trigger a bit stiff for my best accuracy though I can get used to it if I must... where can I get info on slicking it up some... expanded drawings of the trigger so I can see what to expect and how it goes back together .. I realize I will invalidate the warranty, etc .... I can clean up the edges without changing the geometry and relationships of the parts to each other if I can get into it with some confidence...
thanks
dk

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Try using Tri Flow Teflon spray first, it sure loosened up the trigger on mine.

·
1,222 Posts
This Jig-a-Loo stuff is "much" like Tri-Flow (or the original name...Tri-Flon). Not been around as long but still a Teflon based lubricant.
Buy which ever is cheaper!

No...I very much doubt you'll find good "instructions" for any proper trigger work. If you think you can handle it...just dig in and learn how your trigger mechanism works...then do it yourself.

Many...including myself have done it.
Just go slow, FIRST...learn exactly how each piece interacts with all the other pieces, then decide what you want to change...then go at it.

Beside the normal tools, you'll need a VERY fine file or two, some 1000 grit or better sand paper...a FLAT surface, a GOOD 90 degree fixture. That'll get you going.

Mike

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no poor boy trigger job..no rich boy trigger job...but

thanks to both of you....
--------- is there no aftermarket drop in trigger upgrade market that someone is tapping into... ??? wish I was smart and good ... (or good and smart?? )
I think about things like that sometimes..
dk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts